So - I've Received Notification that my Pre-ACA Policy is Cancelled

I currently pay $250 for my plan - Bronze plan they would migrate me to is $430. You think that's great? Pay for it. I asked about Catastrophic & was told that Coventry won't offer that for 2015 (big surprise), but I would be welcome to try & get one with another carrier . . .
QUOTE]

Based on the rate stated you are over 60 years old, have a cancer health history, and believe an extra $150 a month isn't worth the investment for the next few years until you reach Medicare eligibility?

I hope all this venting is helping defuse your anger, to me it's much ado about nothing, particularly since you are, by your own admission, not eligible for a subsidy.

Plus, the difference in premium is a tax deduction, and then if u do an h.s.a. and max it out, your real cost is less than your coffee Bill.

I currently pay $250 for my plan - Bronze plan they would migrate me to is $430. You think that's great? Pay for it. I asked about Catastrophic & was told that Coventry won't offer that for 2015 (big surprise), but I would be welcome to try & get one with another carrier . . .
QUOTE]

Based on the rate stated you are over 60 years old, have a cancer health history, and believe an extra $150 a month isn't worth the investment for the next few years until you reach Medicare eligibility?

I hope all this venting is helping defuse your anger, to me it's much ado about nothing, particularly since you are, by your own admission, not eligible for a subsidy.

No, - I'm 56. That's the rate. You must not be in this market. My health history has nothing to do with this rate - since all are guaranteed issue - remember? You have no right to tell me about what investment is or isn't worth it. As I recall - I've given you referrals in Fla - maybe I should re -think that. . . .

gotta love the liberals that complain about their little govt controlled obamaplan

Not a liberal . . . . ugly crowd here - you know nothing about me. I am simply recounting the facts. No political slant here. I wanted to let people know what was happening. that's all. If the agent community is so unhelpful, we're all in trouble. . . .

if u do an h.s.a. and max it out, your real cost is less than your coffee Bill.

You obviously weren't paying attention to Pres. AWOL when he said your premiums would be less than your phone bill.

I'm probably going to regret asking, but Cadylou, how long have you been selling IFP coverage?

Please let your representatives know how you feel. Keep them busy answering your questions and they have their taxpayer paid insurance already

Back