Start Up Questions?

Ok so I did choose to go independent with a strong upline to help me with training. I took a job that will have me ending my work day around 3:30. That way I can work this in the evenings and weekends.

Part time means no time. Go full time or don't waste your time.

Part time means no time. Go full time or don't waste your time.

Part-time works.

I'm following the same schedule as this dude.

I finish my job at 3:30 -- and hit my first appointment around 4:30 if not earlier.

Then I'll try to hit a 2nd appointment at 6:30 or score a presentation off a door-knock before the sun goes down.

3 days like that during the week and a full day Saturday... you can hit 10 appointments if you're good.

Having an appointment-setter helps tremendously.

However, the toughest task is juggling the service work with hitting your appointment goal.

Perhaps it's because I have a year's worth of full-time experience.

It IS tough. But it does work. If you can hit 10 appointments each week.

Last edited:
Part-time works.

I finish my job at 3:30 -- and hit my first appointment around 4:30 if not earlier.

Then I'll try to hit a 2nd appointment at 6:30 or score a presentation off a door-knock before the sun goes down.

3 days like that during the week and a full day Saturday... you can hit 10 appointments if you're good.

However, the toughest task is juggling the service work with hitting your appointment goal.

I would venture that most fulltime FE agents don't do 10 appointments in a week.

I would venture that most fulltime FE agents don't do 10 appointments in a week.

If you're getting 20 to 30 fresh leads each week and are not getting at least an average of 10 appointments, you're probably lazy, or suck and need help.

On the other hand, they could kick ass like you and don't need any more appointments than 10...

Part-time works.

What do u do in the winter time? Mid winter, its dark by 4:45 here...

So I don't have to "quote" everyone:

1. I said "MP" just for an example. MP still works but you better be ready to spend some money for leads. A lot of money and be ready to travel. It was more of just a comment as MP is mainly evenings and weekends.

2. I'm confused a bit....who would want to work 80% of their week or better yet, who could keep up that kind of schedule with 2 jobs or careers. One can't keep that regiment up long?

3. Even BETTER yet, why would one work part time until 3 or 330 then hit enough homes in the evenings or weekends to make money at FE? My thought would be...why keep the day job? What job could possibly be paying all that much? The ONLY reason I can see doing something like that is if you needed health benefits and/or had conditions that would cost WAY too much to get on your own. That is about the only, only reason I could see burning the candle at both ends.

A part time job can only bring in what(?)...$500 maybe $600 a week at best?!

Plan on selling one more policy and now you can do FE fulltime and do it properly. I'm sorry all but I have never and probably will never understand the working FE and another job at the same time.

Like one said above...part time is no time. I have never, ever seen anyone start off part time and go "OK...now I'm making enough money. I can now go full time." I'm sorry. Just being blunt. I have never seen it done. I will say one last point to this novel, understand "why" if your upline is hard to get ahold of or not offering up much help. They have full timers they have to devote time too first so it's not fair to expect the same treatment or training when your doing it part time. That upline is doing it full time. Has to equal out somewhere.

Later

As far as starting out part time I am new to the business so I want to do this until I gain enough knowledge and experience to go full time.
The job I am working is enough to keep my bills paid while I learn the FE business. Once I can average 3 to 4 policies a week I will fire my boss.

As far as starting out part time I am new to the business so I want to do this until I gain enough knowledge and experience to go full time.
The job I am working is enough to keep my bills paid while I learn the FE business. Once I can average 3 to 4 policies a week I will fire my boss.

Go for it. You hAve obviously put some thought into this and I predict success.

If you're getting 20 to 30 fresh leads each week and are not getting at least an average of 10 appointments, you're probably lazy, or suck and need help.

On the other hand, they could kick ass like you and don't need any more appointments than 10...

While I may only need 10 appointments or less to make my goal each week that was not my point. I don't believe that the average calling themselves fulltime FE agent has 10 sitdown appointments per week. Not scheduled appointments, actual getting in front of a prospect to make a presentation 10 times in a week.

For whatever reason or reasons.

So I don't have to "quote" everyone:

1. I said "MP" just for an example. MP still works but you better be ready to spend some money for leads. A lot of money and be ready to travel. It was more of just a comment as MP is mainly evenings and weekends.

2. I'm confused a bit....who would want to work 80% of their week or better yet, who could keep up that kind of schedule with 2 jobs or careers. One can't keep that regiment up long?

3. Even BETTER yet, why would one work part time until 3 or 330 then hit enough homes in the evenings or weekends to make money at FE? My thought would be...why keep the day job? What job could possibly be paying all that much? The ONLY reason I can see doing something like that is if you needed health benefits and/or had conditions that would cost WAY too much to get on your own. That is about the only, only reason I could see burning the candle at both ends.

A part time job can only bring in what(?)...$500 maybe $600 a week at best?!

Plan on selling one more policy and now you can do FE fulltime and do it properly. I'm sorry all but I have never and probably will never understand the working FE and another job at the same time.

Like one said above...part time is no time. I have never, ever seen anyone start off part time and go "OK...now I'm making enough money. I can now go full time." I'm sorry. Just being blunt. I have never seen it done. I will say one last point to this novel, understand "why" if your upline is hard to get ahold of or not offering up much help. They have full timers they have to devote time too first so it's not fair to expect the same treatment or training when your doing it part time. That upline is doing it full time. Has to equal out somewhere.

Later

In the case of Reardon, he was doing quite well full time.. But his situation changed and he needed the benefits that can only be obtained by being an employee so he took a full time job and continued to sell part time. If he can score 10 appts per week I can guarantee you he is making more that $500 per week. But, I am concerned as to how long he can carry on such a grueling schedule. Just hope he isn't overdoing it.

I also work part time in the insurance business for for different reasons. I have other things that I am called to and prefer to do with the majority of my time. However, having been in the business for over 40 years, it seems it is in my blood and I can't just quit. I could make much more if I concentrated on the insurance business but at age 68 money doesn't take the priority that it once did.

So you see, there are many reasons why a person might be better served by working FE part time instead of going full time. :yes:

Last edited:
Back