Start Up Questions?

Rousemark
Sr Life and Lincoln Heritage offers health benefits to its independent agents on a cost share quota based on production. This is a great benefit for agents who need benefits for their self and their family. Sr life offers a 100 percent plan after your deductible.

Rousemark
Sr Life and Lincoln Heritage offers health benefits to its independent agents on a cost share quota based on production. This is a great benefit for agents who need benefits for their self and their family. Sr life offers a 100 percent plan after your deductible.

It is great that they offer it but is it medically underwritten?

Last edited:
No, but it is ridiculously high at LH. I would imagine that the only ones that buy it are the ones that can't qualify elsewhere. I know my manager at LH bought his elsewhere.

It is unusual that a plan that can be adversely selected against does not ask any health questions. But if that doesn't and you have had serious health problems it would not matter to much about the cost. Especially if you could get it subsidized based on production.

Rousemark
Sr Lifes health insurance is a group policy in which your only qualification is based on personal production or group production. And yes we subsidize the monthly premium for our agents. The more you produce the less you pay.

It is unusual that a plan that can be adversely selected against does not ask any health questions. But if that doesn't and you have had serious health problems it would not matter to much about the cost. Especially if you could get it subsidized based on production.

Go ask LFG about their plan for career agents through the ABGA channel. It is sky high, so the only people who sign up are unhealthy, which chases off even more healthy people.

Go ask LFG about their plan for career agents through the ABGA channel. It is sky high, so the only people who sign up are unhealthy, which chases off even more healthy people.

When I worked with LH there was only one guy and the manager that I was aware of that got the insurance. The one agent was considered obese and had diabetes. I actually became good friends with this guy and when I tried to recruit him when I got my own agency the insurance was the deciding factor. He actually stayed with LH for another year, then he called me and said he was not ready to switch but wanted some rates for Health insurance. He then figured out it was well worth it for him to get out of LH (since it was becoming harder to keep pem on the books, we all know LH issues).

Long story short, he became one of my best agents and realized how better he can serve his clients vs just having one LH product.:)

Even though the economy is down, Mortgage Protection leads can at least get you in the door. If they don't want mortgage protection because of the economy, try FE or another product. Down economy doesn't always mean bad for the business. See the opportunity in the downturn and stay focused.

Rousemark
Sr Lifes health insurance is a group policy in which your only qualification is based on personal production or group production. And yes we subsidize the monthly premium for our agents. The more you produce the less you pay.

the more you produce the less you pay? I love it... actually you are overpaying, because of the horrible commissions, and very high lapse rate as agents find these little nuggets...

Latest posts

Back