Starting a New Agency in FL

drtea

I have been a 220 agent for six yeas 3 as a direct agent for AAA, and 3 as a Allstate sub producer. I want to start my own agency, what P&C carries should I try to start and get appointed with in FL? Are there any good organizations that help new agents become independent?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How much money should I have to get started? I am not looking at getting employees at first just starting small.

Last edited:
I have been a 220 agent for six yeas 3 as a direct agent for AAA, and 3 as a Allstate sub producer. I want to start my own agency, what P&C carries should I try to start and get appointed with in FL? Are there any good organizations that help new agents become independent?
How much money should I have to get started? I am not looking at getting employees at first just starting small.

Are you only wanting to do P&C, or are you interested in life products too?

What part of Florida? I am 50miles north of Tampa

You should consider working as an independent under an agency that has multi-carrier contracts. You will take a slight hit to comm but you will have a broader range of carriers to offer. Also, I suggest you get your 2-15 so you can sell Life. It has a much bigger first year comm so it will help with your cash flow.

I wish you only good luck with your own agency. It's a tough time now, but if you work hard, you will succeed. Market is changeable, be aware of that.

Latest posts

Back