Starting New Agency

What do you mean by paid apps? Also what is fe carrier?

Crusty old dudes make the best mentors!

You mentioned that you have been working on a business plan for the last couple weeks. Are you also selling insurance? Business plans are pretty but do not pay the bills.

FE is Final Expense Whole Life insurance. It is what I get most of my referrals on from your area.

Anyway, If I can be of any help let me know. I really suggest you hit up Nick Perry at the ILIAA@ORG He is a great guy and he has some really good info on the site. I would also plug into agentnavigator.com Both offer free webinars. I have been doing this a while and I still hit one or two a week.

Good luck,

Lee

I only do P&C, so I dont know the answer to this, BUT, isnt it a scary time to start a Health Agency with all of Obamas Unknown crap?

I have a couple of Health only friend agents and they are worried about their future.

Thanks Lee for info. I will look into contacting him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey Red Blooded. It is always scary to start a new agency. The Health Care Reform Act did change things a bit, but not enough to close down health insurance agencies. I am trying not to live in the fear although I am nervous starting my agency. I believe I am taking a healthy risk in starting my business and I have faith in myself.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey Lee, that sounds great. I have been in the industry for 3.5 years working under somebody. It is time for me to start something of my own. I will be working in the same areas so I guess we are competitors! It's good for us, keeps us honest at what we do.

Yeah I am in Oakland and Alameda all the time. Would love to pick your brain, but I understand if you are not comfortable with that since we really are competitors. I am looking for mentors in my life, I am 29 years old and every great person I read about always mentions having a mentor or mentors.

-Brian

Hey Brian,
I know you mentioned selling health insurance, but I have a great market for life and annuities in the bay area. You can be completely independent and I can help get you started in a great niche.
Hit me up if interested!

Back