Startup Costs For Telesales

affirmwealth

Expert
When getting started in telesales (when already contracted with a company that is set up for it), what type of leads to purchase? How many per week?

My understanding is that the closing ratio is lower with telesales as opposed to face-to-face. That's why I'm assuming that you need more leads.

Can this been done without a fancy dialing system? Are there any affordable dialing systems that could be used effectively?

When getting started in telesales (when already contracted with a company that is set up for it), what type of leads to purchase? How many per week?

My understanding is that the closing ratio is lower with telesales as opposed to face-to-face. That's why I'm assuming that you need more leads.

Can this been done without a fancy dialing system? Are there any affordable dialing systems that could be used effectively?

Dont cut corners.

Buy (or produce) good quality leads.

And dont look for cheap (affordable) dialing solutions.

Run your business like a Fortrune 500 company.

Until you get Fortune 500 money to invest, do what you can with what you have. Use the phone you currently have, even if it’s an old rotary dial. Buy no less than 25 leads/week, if you can afford it. Buy only leads that have telephone numbers. Keep calling them; morning, noon and night until you make contact. You have 25 opportunities. Once contact is made with the prospect and opportunity presents itself, “Swing the bat.”
After the phone call, you will know if you were prepared or not. Regardless of the number of strike outs or home runs scored in Week 1, the season isn’t over yet. Expect a 48-week season, give or take. Hit or miss, buy 25 new leads every week until then and keep swinging the bat!

Why not partner with someone that has telesales figured out and follow a proven system?

Wouldn't that "company" already have your answer?

Until you get Fortune 500 money to invest, do what you can with what you have. Use the phone you currently have, even if it’s an old rotary dial. Buy no less than 25 leads/week, if you can afford it. Buy only leads that have telephone numbers. Keep calling them; morning, noon and night until you make contact. You have 25 opportunities. Once contact is made with the prospect and opportunity presents itself, “Swing the bat.”
After the phone call, you will know if you were prepared or not. Regardless of the number of strike outs or home runs scored in Week 1, the season isn’t over yet. Expect a 48-week season, give or take. Hit or miss, buy 25 new leads every week until then and keep swinging the bat!

Very helpful response, thank you

Back