State Farm Employment Offer

notinterstedthanks

Hello!

I currently work for a Farmers Insurance agency here in Houston Texas. I was approved by a State Farm agent who offered me a job at his agency. I currently not having the best time at my current place and definitely feel underpaid, but at the same time I hear alot of awful stories about state farm pressuring for sales and requirements as well as an awful quoting system.

What is your experience working at State Farm? I am not a agent just a licensed producer/CSR.

I think it depends upon the agent you are going to work for and what he is offering. It is dependent upon him and not State Farm.

Last edited:
As the XRAC said – it depends on the agent since you are not an employee of State Farm.
All agents have goals for auto, fire, bank, life, health.
I currently reside in Oregon telecommuting for an agent in Virginia. I am treated more than fair, have no problems quoting and making sales. I to have read posts that do not put State Farm in the best light; however, I have had nothing but great support from the AFO and management.
This agent provides great training, motivation and definitely cares about our policyholders.
Hope yours does also!

Hello!

I currently work for a Farmers Insurance agency here in Houston Texas. I was approved by a State Farm agent who offered me a job at his agency. I currently not having the best time at my current place and definitely feel underpaid, but at the same time I hear alot of awful stories about state farm pressuring for sales and requirements as well as an awful quoting system.

What is your experience working at State Farm? I am not a agent just a licensed producer/CSR.

If you feel underpaid now, just wait till you work for a SF agent! (well that was my experience). Their quoting system "necho" literally looks/feels like its 1980s technology. You will have to do A LOT of service work, so much that you will never catch up with it (especially if they're understaffed).on top of that, you WILL be under pressure to meet sales requirements. I would recommend you work for an independent instead.......

I also suggest that you talk to a few SF producers in your area....check out what they have to say. Remember, you work for the AGENT not the company. So if he doesn't follow through with paying you commission (most of them won't pay you commission anyway) or giving you paid time off there isnt anyone you can complain to.

I'm going to stick up for SF here. Everyone is correct, but that's the "boss" at any job. Necho is older, but SF has rolled out their UAX (unified auto) quoting system that is better than anything I've seen in the industry, captive or independent. There are a lot of pros and cons, just like any situation. You can do very well as a team member with the right agent. I was a team member at one point and I had a base of $43K and commissions on top of that.

I am a SF team member and I make about 14.00 per hour.
I work as hard as anyone can possibly work and they want more and more work out of me. They brag that most agents never go into the office and don't have to work. If they do any work it makes them very mad at the team members. They also ignore most employment laws and treat you like an exempt employee, which you are not. They leave you with the
impression that if they fail it is because of the poor, underpaid women that are running the office, while they are golfing. They need to grow up!! I really like State Farm as a company, but they have allowed the agents to act like babies.

I was really hoping to find out what it is like at Farmer's and Allstate, please tell me what it is like at your office.

Farmers is a joke! Take that from one of the former largest producing agents in the northern half of my state.....myself! I have also been approached by State Farm multiple times, by corporate and by agents (I live 25 minutes from their headquarters). My advice would be to find an independent agent who values your time and experience. They'll treat you better every time!!!

I'm going to stick up for SF here. Everyone is correct, but that's the "boss" at any job. Necho is older, but SF has rolled out their UAX (unified auto) quoting system that is better than anything I've seen in the industry, captive or independent. There are a lot of pros and cons, just like any situation. You can do very well as a team member with the right agent. I was a team member at one point and I had a base of $43K and commissions on top of that.

You were one of the lucky ones....I made like 23K in one and a half years working there......I WAS AN *** lol

Back