State Farm Employment Offer

Just curious what you do for the agent in VA from Oregon....thx

As the XRAC said – it depends on the agent since you are not an employee of State Farm.
All agents have goals for auto, fire, bank, life, health.
I currently reside in Oregon telecommuting for an agent in Virginia. I am treated more than fair, have no problems quoting and making sales. I to have read posts that do not put State Farm in the best light; however, I have had nothing but great support from the AFO and management.
This agent provides great training, motivation and definitely cares about our policyholders.
Hope yours does also!

SF comes off as looking bad. Maybe it's true, but man, it really makes SF look bad.

I worked for a SF agent for almost 2 years. He was one of the better agents to work for in this market, but SF requires such a large amount of production out of their offices that there is a lot of pressure trickling down on the producers in the office.

I was being groomed as an agent aspirant but man, their AFO's seemed to micromanage the hell out of their agents. Not something I was looking for and I have sensed moved on to a different captive company and am loving it so far.

NECHO, while it was dated, was pretty easy to use once you learned it, but I've heard they rolled out a new auto quoting process that is excellent.

Overall I think a lot of what you are going to find with State Farm is either younger, stressed agents who are trying to get established, or older well established, don't know how to use the systems and are never in the office type agents. I've seen very little in between.

Also, it might have just been my agent, but it might also be SF, there is a crapton of service work generated by their books, so if you are the one having to do your own service, it's daunting. Oh, and you need to write 15 more auto this week.

My experience is that State Farm Agents promote abusing the office support with hugh amounts of humiliation and put downs. This is after you have worked your guts out to build their business. State Farm is filled with lower class management who believe in management by intimidation, especially with women at the bottom rung.

I am interested in Farmer's or Allstate, does anyone know if they treat their staff with respect!

I am not saying it is State Farm, since the team members work for the agent not the company. Working for an agent can be very stressful.

I know I have not been very flattering. On a more positive note, I think State Farm as a company tries to do what is best for the clients, and they have great support for the staff in claims and underwriting. Our customers love and depend on our service and most consider us as friends.

I am not saying it is State Farm, since the team members work for the agent not the company. Working for an agent can be very stressful.

I know I have not been very flattering. On a more positive note, I think State Farm as a company tries to do what is best for the clients, and they have great support for the staff in claims and underwriting. Our customers love and depend on our service and most consider us as friends.

SF the COMPANY is good. The AGENTS, however, are a totally different story. Sometimes the company would send free stuff like movie tickets or restaurant gift cards for us the staff and the agent would keep them all. I know this because one of my friends (that I knew before SF) worked at the AFO and one day she asked me if the staff had enjoyed the Costco gift cards and I had no idea what she was talking about. Apparently the agent kept all four of the $50.00 gift cards LOL

I worked for let's see 1,2,3 different State Farm agents, and Indies. State Farm provided the best, the worst, and someone the middle.

You'll get poor or good treatment with any company. It's all about how the Principal Agent treats people. Why do you hear more about State Farm? Well, they have over 18,000 agents. That more than double most of the companies we work for.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello!

I currently work for a Farmers Insurance agency here in Houston Texas. I was approved by a State Farm agent who offered me a job at his agency. I currently not having the best time at my current place and definitely feel underpaid, but at the same time I hear alot of awful stories about state farm pressuring for sales and requirements as well as an awful quoting system.

What is your experience working at State Farm? I am not a agent just a licensed producer/CSR.

Not to be rude, but if you can't even type up a few sentences properly here you won't make it in the long run w/ State Farm. Way too many requirements. My advice is find another Indy who needs a CSR and very little sales. Agencies are trending away from that, but they do still exist.

Last edited:
I am very interesting in knowing how the other captives treat their support staff. When you say that you are with Farmers and don't make much money, how much is not too much? I really like the P & C business, and would like to stay in it. What about Allstate how are they to work for? I don't mind selling, but I also would like an agent who sells and is not too passive in the business. Thanks for any replies.

I am very interesting in knowing how the other captives treat their support staff. When you say that you are with Farmers and don't make much money, how much is not too much? I really like the P & C business, and would like to stay in it. What about Allstate how are they to work for? I don't mind selling, but I also would like an agent who sells and is not too passive in the business. Thanks for any replies.

As was pointed out above, the agency is going to be more of a determining factor than the carrier.

Back