Strange case today

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I don't chase FE leads anymore but I still get calls often. One of my old clients called and wanted a policy on her brother. I drove a hour to see them today.

Well the brother has COPD, Parkison's and is Bipolar/Schizophrenia. He was released from a mental hospital about a year ago. Not what I was hoping for.

Foresters Standard was the only carrier I had that would issue level. He did answer all of the information that I asked him on the application and signed everything but I had to coach him all the way thru the PHI. I was surprised the Apptical rep didn't ask me to take the phone off of speaker.

He is covered but is paying a high premium for it. His sister is happy so I am happy.

I get "calls" every now and then.
Most are people with one foot in the grave and one foot out.

I don't chase FE leads anymore but I still get calls often. One of my old clients called and wanted a policy on her brother. I drove a hour to see them today.

Well the brother has COPD, Parkison's and is Bipolar/Schizophrenia. He was released from a mental hospital about a year ago. Not what I was hoping for.

Foresters Standard was the only carrier I had that would issue level. He did answer all of the information that I asked him on the application and signed everything but I had to coach him all the way thru the PHI. I was surprised the Apptical rep didn't ask me to take the phone off of speaker.

He is covered but is paying a high premium for it. His sister is happy so I am happy.

Sounds like a win for everyone involved.

How come no more running down FE cards ? Retired ? Doing something else ? Medicare ?

How come no more running down FE cards ? Retired ? Doing something else ? Medicare ?
I have chased people for over 45 years so I am slowing down. Began with Liberty National in 1977 and when collecting a debit you are always on the run. Left them in 1991 and went independent. Worked FE, term and Medicare since.

Never got rich but made a good living. Started drawing my SS entitlement. Found out that I got a pension coming from Liberty National. Have a good renewal check that I strive to maintain.

Still get calls for sales to keep me busy as I want to be. My wife retired from teaching in April. She just asked me when I was going to retire. I told her never as long as people call me and I can make a thousand a week. You can live on a lot less if you don't have business expenses like lead cost and travel expenses.

I have chased people for over 45 years so I am slowing down. Began with Liberty National in 1977 and when collecting a debit you are always on the run. Left them in 1991 and went independent. Worked FE, term and Medicare since.

Never got rich but made a good living. Started drawing my SS entitlement. Found out that I got a pension coming from Liberty National. Have a good renewal check that I strive to maintain.

Still get calls for sales to keep me busy as I want to be. My wife retired from teaching in April. She just asked me when I was going to retire. I told her never as long as people call me and I can make a thousand a week. You can live on a lot less if you don't have business expenses like lead cost and travel expenses.

You started drawing at full retirement age ? An FE agent buddy of mine hung it up this year and started drawing early,age 62. He was in the game 30+ years. He stopped buying leads and but is well known in his community and is writing 3-4 policies a month off referrals. His wife is a captive P&C agent and gives him some life leads that don’t fit her agency.
He likes to fish and hunt,travel,and to be home for dinner on time with the wife
Life is good.
1977 ?
Congratulations,you earned it.

I started drawing my SS at 62 too but kept working. Hard to quit when your wife goes to work every day. I write several FE, term and Medicare supplement policies every month. Fish at least twice a week, going mullet fishing in the morning. When hunting season starts in October I will be up a tree as much as possible. I have always took time off to fish and hunt. Figured I should do what I enjoy while I was healthy enough to do it.

I started drawing my SS at 62 too but kept working. Hard to quit when your wife goes to work every day. I write several FE, term and Medicare supplement policies every month. Fish at least twice a week, going mullet fishing in the morning. When hunting season starts in October I will be up a tree as much as possible. I have always took time off to fish and hunt. Figured I should do what I enjoy while I was healthy enough to do it.

Same

Not hunting and fishing. But driving. I didn't particularly care for it way back in my road warrior days. But now, I try to drive out to the Pacific coast mostly, but really anywhere for a few days. Have cell phone Will travel.

I have said for a long time you can do what we do from your patio, a cabin or the beach.

Who hell wants to be grinding knocking on doors and driving all day when your 65 .i never thought fe over the phone would ever take off but more and more fe clients filling out social media ads . In a few yrs I’m looking at moving to all telesales as the driving gets to you . An agent grinding doing fe at 90-100% is crazy . That’s why I say to get the highest contracts possible .

Who hell wants to be grinding knocking on doors and driving all day when your 65 .i never thought fe over the phone would ever take off but more and more fe clients filling out social media ads . In a few yrs I’m looking at moving to all telesales as the driving gets to you . An agent grinding doing fe at 90-100% is crazy . That’s why I say to get the highest contracts possible .

To each his own. Sitting in an office all day on the phone needing 50-60 leads per week would be worse than being in a nursing home to me.

I’m in the field 2 days a week meeting people and very much enjoy those days.

FE will never become all telesales.

But if I’m wrong and it does, I’m out.

Back