Suze Orman

She isn't endorsing life insurance in this video. She is only endorsing borrowing from it.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

You're right. She advocates planning ahead.

So here's what you do: Show two sample illustrations.

The first one: Base policy only.

The second one: Max-Funded policy with the same premiums as the first one.

It's the first one that the entertainers love to bash... and you can show them why that is.

The second one is "investment grade" life insurance with cash values in year one.

Which savings plan using life insurance would your prospective client prefer?

This sounds like an excuse...

How many people watch PBS, much less all day? Much less life insurance buyers?

Do you FE folks watch PBS? I seriously doubt it. Do your cash value or term insurance buyers watch PBS? Again, I really doubt it. They are most likely at work.

I agree with her in specific circumstances, but if I generalized like she does and never took into consideration a person's specific situation I'd be hauled in by the Dept of Insurance yesterday! How does she get away with it? God I can't stand her! Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

It's simple. She most likely does not have a license. People like her and Dave Ramsey no longer have licenses and give away all the bad advice they want. No license, no reason to worry about it being yanked.

The funniest thing about these people who praise buy term and invest the difference never follow what is said.
They literally by term and have no investing strategy.

It's simple. She most likely does not have a license. People like her and Dave Ramsey no longer have licenses and give away all the bad advice they want. No license, no reason to worry about it being yanked.

The funniest thing about these people who praise buy term and invest the difference never follow what is said.
They literally by term and have no investing strategy.

They have a plan..buy term, spend the difference ;)

She used to have a license until 2011.

https://interactive.web.insurance.ca.gov/webuser/Licw_Indv_Det$.STARTUP?Z_INDV_ID=97865&Z_IL_LIC_NBR=0731416

Last edited:
Suzie Orman is a syndicated advisor who likes hearing the sound of her own voice. Furthermore, she used to sell those policies that she now debunks. Her and her one time agent partner were under investigation for giving bad advice. Just because she says whole life and other plans are bad does not make it the gosple.
It is job to educate the public which still does not fully understand how each plan works. We can use social media to our advantage.

I have issue with anyone that proclaims a "one size fits all" philosophy. I respect those that stand for something, but not those who bash the other side to make their opinions look valid. I don't trust her and do not understand those that would.

If you run across an Orman or a Ramsey follower, agree with them, sign them up, just make sure it's convertible term.

Make them a client first, second and third.

It is easier to convert a client than it is a prospect.

If somebody wants term... I simply say how much and how long?

Back