Suze Orman

There's no integrity on bad advising. He gives advise on getting out of debt but files for bankruptcy. He took the easy way out.

Why would anyone trust that type of advise?

I have an idea.....care to elaborate?

In the mid 80s if a person wanted an ART or 10 year term I wrote it. I made them a client. In the Mid 90s I rewrote ( a lot of 20 year term) or converted them and wrote their kids, siblings and started writing their parents (first FE plans). I am now converting or rewriting 60-70 year olds. Same with their 40 year old kids and now their kids and in-laws. I have 4 four draw file cabinets of active clients. Many can be traced back to a term policy somewhere.

Just got an conversion app back from a client in Arizona. I have never met him nor did I write him. I have serviced his ART for about 15 years, at 20% renewals. His premium this years was about $4,500, less than half the conversion premium. However, conversion option ends tomorrow.

My term book has paid much higher renewals than the rest of my book. I am on another forum where the young guns take it to a whole other level.

Dave, Suzi and Primerica preach on baby, preach on!

Last edited:
In the mid 80s if a person wanted an ART or 10 year term I wrote it. I made them a client. In the Mid 90s I rewrote ( a lot of 20 year term) or converted them and wrote their kids, siblings and started writing their parents (first FE plans). I am now converting or rewriting 60-70 year olds. Same with their 40 year old kids and now their kids and in-laws. I have 4 four draw file cabinets of active clients. Many can be traced back to a term policy somewhere.

Just got an conversion app back from a client in Arizona. I have never met him nor did I write him. I have serviced his ART for about 15 years, at 20% renewals. His premium this years was about $4,500, less than half the conversion premium. However, conversion option ends tomorrow.

My term book has paid much higher renewals than the rest of my book. I am on another forum where the young guns take it to a whole other level.

Dave, Suzi and Primerica preach on baby, preach on!

God Bless that other forum!

There's no integrity on bad advising. He gives advise on getting out of debt but files for bankruptcy. He took the easy way out.

He filed BK many years ago, before he wrote his book and started his radio show.
I think I heard him say he eventually paid it all back after he became a millionaire too.

Actually, he later went back an repaid the debt even though it had been discharged in bankruptcy.

As far as "bad advice", that depends on the situation.

I've watched carriers develop products after the fact. We had high inflation in the 80 and the carriers came out with UL. Back then the projections were using over 10% returns on fixed accounts. Agents were running illustrations out to age 100 using those rates. Some people believed those rates and made decisions based on information given by agents. None of the projections held up and those who funded at minimum premium were without coverage or at least having to pass underwriting.

Do you think the agents using those illustrations and engaging in what was essentially illustration pi ssing contests were giving "good advice"?

Later was variable UL - again, after the fact with high loads. We used to run calculations comparing various term, UL, VL, mutual funds etc. All that was needed was to change the underlying assumption to make 1 or the other come out on top.

I would say that Al Williams had no integrity when hawking the term/invest strategy. Their products were horrible and agents mostly new and uneducated. People up-line did make money.

I stand on my statement. Dave does have integrity AND I disagree with him - frequently.

Actually, he later went back an repaid the debt even though it had been discharged in bankruptcy. As far as "bad advice", that depends on the situation. I've watched carriers develop products after the fact. We had high inflation in the 80 and the carriers came out with UL. Back then the projections were using over 10% returns on fixed accounts. Agents were running illustrations out to age 100 using those rates. Some people believed those rates and made decisions based on information given by agents. None of the projections held up and those who funded at minimum premium were without coverage or at least having to pass underwriting. Do you think the agents using those illustrations and engaging in what was essentially illustration pi ssing contests were giving "good advice"? Later was variable UL - again, after the fact with high loads. We used to run calculations comparing various term, UL, VL, mutual funds etc. All that was needed was to change the underlying assumption to make 1 or the other come out on top. I would say that Al Williams had no integrity when hawking the term/invest strategy. Their products were horrible and agents mostly new and uneducated. People up-line did make money. I stand on my statement. Dave does have integrity AND I disagree with him - frequently.

Anyone who inherently gives the same advise for every case doesn't give the best advice.

As for the UL illustration, the mortality tables changed and we can attribute that to modern medicine.

I don't know him personally so as far as integrity goes I can't speak on him as a person just his advice.

Back