T65 marketing Take II

Chazm, help me out over here, I recently started mailing in nyc, I'm getting over 5% return which is great,

the problem I have if I meet them more than 3 months out, obviously they don't have Medicare card, how do you proceed from there, tell them you will follow after they get card? By that time they have long forgotten you, and don't pick up phone for you, and sign up for mapd other places?

I have success within 3 months when they have the card already.

However there are some people that don't have card, they need to apply, them I lose them again for above reasons.

I am thinking maybe sign them up for Medicare on the spot on my iPad, then reschedule a specific day in 3 weeks when they will have card, like this I have control.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You can write them 6 months out. Just put "new" where the # goes and make a note on the cover sheet. The companies allow you to write 6 months out, and they know you won't be able to get the # now.

Write it the 1st time you're there, or somebody might get it instead of you. Also, tell them they can just trash all the junk mail from then on because "it's all taken care of". The company will follow up with the policyholder to get the Medicare Claim #.

You should come back when they're 3 months out to help them with Part D. :yes:

You can write them 6 months out. Just put "new" where the # goes and make a note on the cover sheet. The companies allow you to write 6 months out, and they know you won't be able to get the # now.

Write it the 1st time you're there, or somebody might get it instead of you. Also, tell them they can just trash all the junk mail from then on because "it's all taken care of". The company will follow up with the policyholder to get the Medicare Claim #.

You should come back when they're 3 months out to help them with Part D. :yes:

What he said.

Or figure it out (this will work until the new ID cards start).

Taking SS? On your own 40 quarters? Its your SSN with the letter A.
Not taking SS, but still your own 40 quarters? Its SSN with the letter T.

Anything else, I wait. And if I don't have a copy of the letter or card, then I ask them to take a picture of it when it arrives and send it to me. Just in case.

Taking SS? On your own 40 quarters? Its your SSN with the letter A.
Not taking SS, but still your own 40 quarters? Its SSN with the letter T.

That works until Medicare starts issuing the new cards with a combination of letters, digits and special characters that Russian hackers can't crack.

That works with supps, people in nyc most get mapd, I don't think I can send in mapd without #

Chazm, help me out over here, I recently started mailing in nyc, I'm getting over 5% return which is great,

the problem I have if I meet them more than 3 months out, obviously they don't have Medicare card, how do you proceed from there, tell them you will follow after they get card? By that time they have long forgotten you, and don't pick up phone for you, and sign up for mapd other places?

I have success within 3 months when they have the card already.

However there are some people that don't have card, they need to apply, them I lose them again for above reasons.

I am thinking maybe sign them up for Medicare on the spot on my iPad, then reschedule a specific day in 3 weeks when they will have card, like this I have control.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

In FL you can’t really write more than 3 months out so on my first appt it’s just education and creating rapport.
I now copy what someone else on this forum does. At the end of an appt I ask women for their fav color and men for their fav sports team. I then let them know that they will get tons of calls, mailers, door knockers etc. Ignore them, I say. I tell them that I will make sure I complete everything for them and every year I stay in touch to keep them on the right plan.
And I let them know on my next visit we will go over Plan specifics. Before I leave I put them in my calendar, in front of them, that I will call them in 2 weeks with their fav color so they know it’s me.
The call is only to check up and make sure they know I didn’t forget about them.
I then schedule another call for about 4 weeks later. After that I let them know I’ll see them on whatever date.

It’s not 100% effective and I do lose sales sometimes to other agents. But it’s not often.

In FL you can’t really write more than 3 months out so on my first appt it’s just education and creating rapport.
I now copy what someone else on this forum does. At the end of an appt I ask women for their fav color and men for their fav sports team. I then let them know that they will get tons of calls, mailers, door knockers etc. Ignore them, I say. I tell them that I will make sure I complete everything for them and every year I stay in touch to keep them on the right plan.
And I let them know on my next visit we will go over Plan specifics. Before I leave I put them in my calendar, in front of them, that I will call them in 2 weeks with their fav color so they know it’s me.
The call is only to check up and make sure they know I didn’t forget about them.
I then schedule another call for about 4 weeks later. After that I let them know I’ll see them on whatever date.

It’s not 100% effective and I do lose sales sometimes to other agents. But it’s not often.
Good stuff, thanks

When you ask women for their favorite color, do they always say "green"? :laugh:

Latest posts

Back