T65 Vs 67+ Plus for Med Supps

The answers provided in the thread are emotional and experienced based responses to a question. Those answers support both sides of the question, depending on the experiences and biases of the responders.

Starboard's potential telemarketer should be providing some kind of information about the quantity of data, and it's cost, for each type of data they are proposing to provide. That is just as critical a business factor to Starboard's business decision as divided experiential responses from other agents.

I love it when this topic comes up on the forum. . I also find it interesting when people give advice when they are not marketing to that demographic. Either demographic works and there r pros and cons to both.

My business model I am doing both, but I worked it out that I am not door knocking.

i do seminars for T65 and people follow up with me in my office so i dont go to their homes. I have a TM in my office also generating T65 leads. This TM position has come and gone in my office. I have somebody who is starting to get much better but it takes time and there's a lot of training involved. I like the T65 market because i know in 4 years i can lower their premium and reset my commission. After replacing so many policies underwriting is quite simple for us.

I also love the 70 and over crowd over the phone. Premiums are higher and generallly U get paid the next month . I buy TM leads and call them whem I am slow . Most call centers are calling T65 and most are not involved in the replacement market.

There is tons of competition in every market . Consistency product knowlege and finding a system that works for you is the key. Follow up is so important as people are being bombarded especially the T65 crowd.

To start i think you have to pick one demographic focus and refine your craft.

If you are into phone sales replacements may be a bit easier to start if you can get your head around underwriting.

The answers provided in the thread are emotional and experienced based responses to a question. Those answers support both sides of the question, depending on the experiences and biases of the responders.

Starboard's potential telemarketer should be providing some kind of information about the quantity of data, and it's cost, for each type of data they are proposing to provide. That is just as critical a business factor to Starboard's business decision as divided experiential responses from other agents.

You think that the data cost would be that much different between T65 and 67+ that it should (even partially) influence which market segment one should focus on????

That's funny.

The cost and quantity of items purchased should be a factor in every business decision.

You have no idea of the cost and characteristics of Starboard's telemarketer (unless he has pm'd you) because he has not posted any information. All you can do is make assumptions based on your experience which may not relate to the plans Starboard has made. Possibly his more proper first question would have been about choosing a telemarketer.

The cost and quantity of items purchased should be a factor in every business decision.

You have no idea of the cost and characteristics of Starboard's telemarketer (unless he has pm'd you) because he has not posted any information. All you can do is make assumptions based on your experience which may not relate to the plans Starboard has made. Possibly his more proper first question would have been about choosing a telemarketer.

You're right. Just like I should figure out the cost of faxing before getting into the business. That massive expense should likely determine whether or not I hop in.

You're advice is teaching the agent to trip over pennies. And it's bad advice.

Which businesses have you run (fully owned and operated) giving you this experience?

To be clear - I'm not picking on you. The guys out there who say, "You shouldn't direct mail for Medicare because it's SO EXPENSIVE" are wrong as well. Again, tripping over pennies.

My advice: Spend whatever you need to spend to get as many clients as fast as possible. The cost of acquisition of $100 per client (lower) vs $200 per client (higher) won't really matter at the end of the day.

Back