T65 Vs 67+ Plus for Med Supps

I'm similar to Chazm in that T65 always seems to just work better for me - or I just tend to be better at selling it and marketing towards that segment.

I'd love to learn how to get better at 67+ marketing.
How do you market for t65

They may not want to know, but I've educated 1000's of them (mainly over 67's). It's not surprising to me that they didn't understand a lot of things about Medicare and supplemental insurance. After I was done with them they understood a lot more than they did before. I also have a way of making it very easy for them to understand. Making it easy for them to understand is very key, IMHO.

They would defiantly understand after I educate them.

You would be lucky if even 10 of the allegedly 1000's you have educated could even answer the most simple of questions about Medicare.

You would be lucky if even 10 of the allegedly 1000's you have educated could even answer the most simple of questions about Medicare.

Funny.

I'm getting referrals from people that start with "So-so knows more about Medicare than anyone I know. And they said it was because of your training. Can you help me?"

Also...do you ever say anything nice or positive? Between your user name and Debbie Downer posts, its a bit of turnoff.

I stopped trying. I wasted 6 months that I could have been mailing my T65’s and making easy sales.
The only way I ever try again is if there’s no such thing as a t65

I sold 5 this week working Tuesday - Thursday. I wouldn’t even sniff that with 67+
Does a 67 year old really smell that much worse than a 65 year old? :twitchy:

Good job. :yes:

Funny.

I'm getting referrals from people that start with "So-so knows more about Medicare than anyone I know. And they said it was because of your training. Can you help me?"

Also...do you ever say anything nice or positive? Between your user name and Debbie Downer posts, its a bit of turnoff.

I'm not being a Debbie the downer. I'm the voice of someone who learned the hard way. If we were to take 20 of your clients that allegedly know so much and put them together and let me start asking the them the most easy medicare questions in the world we could think of. For every question they can answer I have to give you 20 dollars and for every question they can't answer you give me 20 dollars. You won't play that game very long I guarantee you.

And here is a thought no doubt to advanced for many. Is it really nice or that necessary to be forcing boring medicare stats and figures down someones throat?

Here's my take. Ok its not my take its a fact. Seniors don't want to learn about medicare and they never will. Don't feel bad that you still don't know this because most successful medicare agents I know do not know either! They succeed in spite of their lack of grasping this obvious fact. Not 1 in 20 of the 67 year olds you walk up to can even tell you what the Medicare part A or B deductible is. They don't know and they don't want to know. The obvious fact that you have not figured this out after being an agent for years does not surprise me at all. It took me years to be comfortable with this realization.

Getting hung up on trying to educate the clients is fighting the natural current. Like paddling a boat upstream. Much much much easier to just ride along with the current. This is gold people.

Some do and some don't, Mostly they want to know they Agent knows very well they want to have confidence in their agent

Does a 67 year old really smell that much worse than a 65 year old? :twitchy:

Good job. :yes:

Depends if they have cats

They may not want to know, but I've educated 1000's of them (mainly over 67's). It's not surprising to me that they didn't understand a lot of things about Medicare and supplemental insurance. After I was done with them they understood a lot more than they did before. I also have a way of making it very easy for them to understand. Making it easy for them to understand is very key, IMHO.

They would defiantly understand after I educate them.
Yep, I have lots of new clients tell me, "Now I understand. Nobody ever explained it to me like that before".

Keep it simple for them. Don't use all the insurance jargon. If you KNOW your "stuff", you can put it in your own words so they can understand what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Here's my take. Ok its not my take its a fact. Seniors don't want to learn about medicare and they never will. Don't feel bad that you still don't know this because most successful medicare agents I know do not know either! They succeed in spite of their lack of grasping this obvious fact. Not 1 in 20 of the 67 year olds you walk up to can even tell you what the Medicare part A or B deductible is. They don't know and they don't want to know. The obvious fact that you have not figured this out after being an agent for years does not surprise me at all. It took me years to be comfortable with this realization.

Getting hung up on trying to educate the clients is fighting the natural current. Like paddling a boat upstream. Much much much easier to just ride along with the current. This is gold people.

You may be accurate (in fact, I think you are) in that seniors don't really want to know about all the ins and outs of Medicare.

But go ahead and advertise, "My insurance is the greatest and will work for you - I'm not going to waste your time to help you understand Medicare and your options" and see how far that gets you.

Go ahead. Go on...

You see - I can advertise in a way that shows that I'm credible, and reliable, detail oriented, and can help them understand all that they need to know - but sell them a Med Supp within a few minutes of discussing some options.

We may not need to explain everything. But our overall marketing needs to give us the branded label of the go-to for information.

My 2 cents, at least worth a penny.

Some do and some don't, Mostly they want to know they Agent knows very well they want to have confidence in their agent
Depends if they have cats

A good rub on the cats head and back has got to do more to help bring on a sale then any 3 cool medicare stats or figures you could throw out.

But go ahead and advertise, "My insurance is the greatest and will work for you - I'm not going to waste your time to help you understand Medicare and your options" and see how far that gets you.

Exactly. Because if you ARE experienced in the psychology of selling, you know that the only thing the prospect cares about is how they feel.

And because everyone is different, a good salesperson will determine what their dominant buying motive is early on in the conversation. So, some people will most certainly want to know the deductibles (try explaining the benefits of Plan G without mentioning $183), and some might not. That part is not what matters.

Getting them to trust you, which makes them feel good, IS what matters. Determining what is going to make that happen with each particular prospect, is different with every call or appointment.

A sale is not just an outcome itself, it's the end result of many small outcomes throughout the process.

Back