Telemarketed Leads Result

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I have gone through three months of TM leads. I don't get it. Perhaps somebody can shed a light here. A lot of these people get told that it is for a state regulated burial life insurance program sometimes the appointment setter gets interrupted and she doesn't say "state regulated burial life insurance program" and when I call they will ask what it's about so I pretty much repeat "state regulated Burial life insurance program." They cut me off and tell me they have enough life insurance or that they are set. They then tell me they aren't interested. Would anybody here just try to make an attempt to door knock even when they say "I already have life insurance with ..." and they mention the name. Most of the leads have told me that they are insured and not interested in getting more insurance.

I have gone through three months of TM leads. I don't get it. Perhaps somebody can shed a light here. A lot of these people get told that it is for a state regulated burial life insurance program sometimes the appointment setter gets interrupted and she doesn't say "state regulated burial life insurance program" and when I call they will ask what it's about so I pretty much repeat "state regulated Burial life insurance program." They cut me off and tell me they have enough life insurance or that they are set. They then tell me they aren't interested. Would anybody here just try to make an attempt to door knock even when they say "I already have life insurance with ..." and they mention the name. Most of the leads have told me that they are insured and not interested in getting more insurance.

Did you listen to the recordings?

Are you working in an OVERWORKED area?

Area you working in a major metro?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how good are you on the phone?

I would highly recommend getting together with someone that can help you, your up line, your mentor, someone that knows how to deal with this and have them teach you. OR JUST CAL bboman23

It might me something simple. It might even be something stupid!:swoon:

Last edited:
Did you listen to the recordings?

Are you working in an OVERWORKED area?

Area you working in a major metro?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how good are you on the phone?

I would highly recommend getting together with someone that can help you, your up line, your mentor, someone that knows how to deal with this and have them teach you.

It might me something simple. It might even be something stupid!:swoon:

He called me and I was helping but we got cut off. Maybe he will call back?

He called me and I was helping but we got cut off. Maybe he will call back?

Yes, I emailed you back, man. My phone died. I've been calling them. I would say on the phone I'm not too terrible. My upline is pretty much not helpful to be quite honest. At least in the past three months. I have sent him recordings of myself on the phone trying to book the appointments and I get no responses. To be honest if I send him my calls and I get no responses nor an attempt to train me I don't understand why I should keep my upline.

Anyways, I would say my appointment setting skills do need help ut out of maybe 140 or so leads I've made maybe 4 closes. I don't know if I've hit a wall but I've tried to send my upline my calls so he can check them out and listen to them and give me some positive criticism. I rarely heard from the person.

Sorry to hear that your closing ratio has not been higher. I have had a decent amount of success with my TM leads (and I've only been working in the city and metro). I'm not sure at the moment what the stats are.

The good news is you can improve and there are more sales on the horizon, just keep your confidence up. I'm sure bbowman will give you more in depth advice that you need.

Last edited:
Yes, I emailed you back, man. My phone died. I've been calling them. I would say on the phone I'm not too terrible. My upline is pretty much not helpful to be quite honest. At least in the past three months. I have sent him recordings of myself on the phone trying to book the appointments and I get no responses. To be honest if I send him my calls and I get no responses nor an attempt to train me I don't understand why I should keep my upline.

Anyways, I would say my appointment setting skills do need help ut out of maybe 140 or so leads I've made maybe 4 closes. I don't know if I've hit a wall but I've tried to send my upline my calls so he can check them out and listen to them and give me some positive criticism. I rarely heard from the person.

If your upline won't respond to you, then guess what.......you need a new upline!:yes:

Wonder where you could find one?:err:

I have also had mixed results from my agents with the telemarketed leads. Even when AIC was selling them and some agents reported good success, many of our purchased leads simply shut the agents down when they called for an appointment, saying they already had coverage or didn't realize what the call was about. At least with DM you can show up with something in your hand. They also have longer shelf life.

Not saying there isn't a place for TM leads, may depend on the part of the country they are being worked in as well. Maybe some of the vets can share their appointment setting techniques if they are willing.

I talked to him. Gonna set him up with some leads and appointments to work on his close. We will see if I can get him there!

*and no he didn't move his contracts to me for this help*

I think he is just misplacing some words here and there and needs guidance.

Back