• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Telesales Tips Thread

If equitable is there they require the replacement form even if you do the voice app. RNA required it too until about May of this year.

I do not believe Equitable is in CA. It does seem odd that they can get Vsignatures for everything else including HIPPA and not replacement.

this may be different for their med supps, but they used to require a replacement form for their teleapp signed by the applicant. For the e-app, no replacement form, I even called in about it, nope not needed with the eapp...strange.

In Illinois they also have to have a checklist signed(paper). Sure does slow down the telesales process for a Med Supp.

You don't have to send in a replacement form now with RNA. It's also done as part of the voice signature.

But I'm also curious about the other companies.

They don't do it that way in FL. They require a replacement form.

I am not special in anyway, and I wholeheartedly know that anyone could what I do (and even be better for that matter). I have just devoted a lot of time and focused effort into mastering my craft, and I can confidently say that I can speak on this subject in a qualified matter.

Well said gymguy!

Thanks for bumping dtownboy.

I definitely missed some things the first time around.

Would love if you expanded more on the art of fact finding, right after the intro.

Particularly what you're doing here:

The trick is to tactfully probe without pissing them off. You have to pay close attention to the client. Listen to their voice and how they are responding to everything. Do they sound like they don't want to talk with you? Do they sound agitated as you ask more questions? Some people might answer 1 question and then demand you tell them prices. Some might answer 2. Some might answer all your questions joyfully. As I said before, everyone is different, so you have to learn to adapt to each one. I pay close attention to EVERYTHING they do, so that I can adjust my own words to give myself the best chance at being able to probe properly. The probing process has two objectives. 1) The why MUST be discovered & 2) You need to know their prior experience with FE (the more you know the better).

This reminds me of what Mike Brooks talks about... listening for RED FLAGS.

The less skilled agent, worried that it might mess up the chance of getting a sale, will ignore it, while the professional agent will stop and address it right there.

What questions do you ask, or what "posture" do you take when you sense those red flags, like the prospect getting "agitated", or they're not really engaged?

The two best questions I've gleaned from this post are:

"Were you wanting to get some information for yourself or someone else?"
"Why do you want a final expense plan?"

What other questions or techniques have you've learned over the years that help with fact finding and overcoming objections?

Well said gymguy!

Thanks for bumping dtownboy.

I definitely missed some things the first time around.

Would love if you expanded more on the art of fact finding, right after the intro.

Particularly what you're doing here:

This reminds me of what Mike Brooks talks about... listening for RED FLAGS.

The less skilled agent, worried that it might mess up the chance of getting a sale, will ignore it, while the professional agent will stop and address it right there.

What questions do you ask, or what "posture" do you take when you sense those red flags, like the prospect getting "agitated", or they're not really engaged?

The two best questions I've gleaned from this post are:

"Were you wanting to get some information for yourself or someone else?"
"Why do you want a final expense plan?"

What other questions or techniques have you've learned over the years that help with fact finding and overcoming objections?

Don't look for an answer too soon, he hasn't been active in almost 6 months.

Latest posts

Back