Telesales Tips Thread

I ended up getting 2200 AP this week off using your strategy. No lead cost and they were easy sales.

Plus 2 med supps on top of that.

The ones we talked about? Did I forget to give you my PayPal? :err:

----------

I ended up getting 2200 AP this week off using your strategy. No lead cost and they were easy sales.

Plus 2 med supps on top of that.

After we spoke and you told me about yours I decided to take my own advice. I will send you the email string tomorrow. Thank you.

What a value bomb. Great post.

Everything is the same on our end for term by phone (besides the opening script of course).

Glad people are finding this helpful.

I am not now, nor will I ever be recruiting. My intent was purely to help. I have 0 ulterior motives.

Lee's tele internet leads were great. Of those whom I spoke with, all of them knew why I was calling them. Obviously there are some you never speak to but that is true for any lead source. Very high quality leads and well worth it IMO.

My phone system is down, so I thought I would add something to this while I have the time.

Addressing Term vs. Whole Life

The words from a prospect are 100x more valuable & effective than any word I can ever speak. Asking questions is the only way to to this. Here is a line of questioning I employ to squash this potential issue.

If they said they have life insurance (I always find out if they do), start here.
"Mrs. Jones, you said you have some coverage in place now, may I ask what kind of life insurance is it?". They will either know or they won't, but it's far more common for people to not know. After this, I would move on to the dialogue below.

If they do not currently have life insurance, start here.
"Mrs. Jones, did you know there are different types of life insurance out there?" I let them respond. Then I ask, "Well there are indeed different types of life insurance out there. I am going to make this really easy on you ok. Would you prefer to have a life insurance plan that stays with you for a temporary (I emphasize temporary) period of time like 10 or 15 years and then completely expire, OR would you rather have a life insurance plan that stays with you forever no matter how long you live?" Then I don't speak until they answer. 98% will choose permanent. In fact most will rant about the idea that life insurance expires before you die. Then in a lighter tone of voice I'll ask, "I am sure you have heard of AARP and Globe life right?" They will usually say yes. I then ask, "It sad and MOST people have no idea, but their life insurance plans expire. AARP has a rate increase every 5 years and it expires completely at the age of 80. Globe goes a little longer but their rates get extremely expensive, like hundreds of dollars per month (which is true), but ultimately expires too. So no problem, I will make sure that I only look up permanent life plans for you."

Then I need to explain how they work. I say, "Mrs. Jones the only kind of life insurance that is truly permanent, is called whole life insurance. Its extremely simple to understand. It can be summed up in 3 things. First of all, they NEVER expire no matter how old you get. The monthly payment never increases, and the benefits don't go down. Its that simple. So once your plan is approved, nobody but you can change it. It will always be there to cover your funeral expenses, so your family will never have to."

If someone wants a term plan, I simply ask questions like "Ok I understand, so let me ask you this, once its expired, how would you pay for your final expenses so that you don't leave your family with the burden of unpaid funeral bills?". Ill keep asking questions similar to that (telling them to go with whole life wont work and they would probably cancel for AARP or some term product with someone). If they inevitably and continually express that they don't care, or its a risk they are willing to take, I wish them luck and peace out on them. I wont waste my valuable time on someone stupid. Maybe if there were no charge backs in insurance sales, but there are so I move on.

If a client said they have insurance now, and they didn't know what kind it was, I at this point will start probing to discover what kind it is. Here are some of the questions I might ask to help me get a good idea of what type it is. Remember, I only do this after I have got them to choose permanent insurance.

(In my experience, asking people to get their policy is rarely successful)
-How much is the benefit amount they are covering you for?
-How much are they charging you each month?
-Approximately how long ago did you take it out?
-Which insurance company provides that coverage?
-Has the monthly payment ever changed?
-Has the benefit amount ever changed?
-Have they ever sent you

Honestly, knowing the benefit amount, their payment, and their application age, I can determine most of the time what kind of insurance it is. There will be times you will discover they have term or even UL. Its not common, but these are golden opportunities to write bigger cases and really earn their business.

One thing you will notice about my style is that I use questions as a foundation for everything. I really try to limit my statements to as few as possible. Particularly for term vs whole life, it has to be their choice, their words, and never mine. Once they choose, I will never have to debate this topic. Furthermore, if they later on bring up how they saw a sweet deal that is clearly a term product they were pitched, you can use their choice against them as a means to overcome that objection. Honestly though, 29/30 prospects will choose whole life, so its rarely ever an issue.

Happy Thursday!

"It sad and MOST people have no idea, but their life insurance plans expire. AARP has a rate increase every 5 years and it expires completely at the age of 80. Globe goes a little longer but their rates get extremely expensive, like hundreds of dollars per month (which is true), but ultimately expires too. So no problem, I will make sure that I only look up permanent life plans for you."

Appreciate the tips, but Globe has a whole life permanent product with guaranteed rates, and AARP has a UL that is more permanent than their term. Not all their products act the way you portray in the script, I would be careful about that...I know I used to portray those two companies like that until I saw something from Globe about their plan being permanent and level. I think you could say "most people who opt for the lower aarp plan think its a permanent plan"..

I apologize, I say "their most common plan that most people get". Its a bit different when typing :)

Back