Telesales Vs F2F

NicoleCuervez

I have a long history of being a successful telemarketer but I hung that hat up about 6 years ago. So I recently became a Life Insurance Agent via telesales and came thru the door hitting high numbers. It's been about 6-7 months now and it seems as if I already hate it. I think I'm just completely over telemarketing forever but I'm thinking about trying my luck as a field agent selling whole life and term. Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Pros and cons? I know many of you have recently had to switch from field to telesales temporarily, which do you like better and why?

I have a long history of being a successful telemarketer but I hung that hat up about 6 years ago. So I recently became a Life Insurance Agent via telesales and came thru the door hitting high numbers. It's been about 6-7 months now and it seems as if I already hate it. I think I'm just completely over telemarketing forever but I'm thinking about trying my luck as a field agent selling whole life and term. Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Pros and cons? I know many of you have recently had to switch from field to telesales temporarily, which do you like better and why?
Field.... Like the personal contact.

I’ve done telesales exclusively, and field exclusively. In recent years, I’ve done a combination of both. I have phone days set aside during the month to call on people who live long distances away or in other states.

I honestly hate being on the phone for more than a couple hours. I find those 2 hours more fatiguing than all day in the field. Telesales can be more efficient, though. I can often talk to as many people in that two hour window as I can all day F2F. But, like @rousemark just said, I like the personal contact better. The sales convo just flows more naturally for me that way.

You're burnt out because the telemarketing position (openers) is not supposed to be a permanent position in telesales. You're supposed to graduate to just working the cream of the crop leads that telemarketers get for you. Unless you got those fancy TV leads to work! Even then somebody else should be screening them for you so you can focus on the hot leads!

Telesales for life, its a blast! Made 1300 calls last month and wrote a couple mill during a recession.... Never above or too good to pick up the phone.

I am not even the best sales guy. Its just a numbers game, I can call 10 prospects by the time you drive to 1.

Telesales for life, its a blast! Made 1300 calls last month and wrote a couple mill during a recession.... Never above or too good to pick up the phone.

I am not even the best sales guy. Its just a numbers game, I can call 10 prospects by the time you drive to 1.
A couple of million? Of what? Face amount? Premium?

Back