Telesales Vs F2F

Thomas (I apologize if that's not your name) -- I am not in the FE or telesales marketplace, never have been, and no very little, but probably closer to nothing about it, LOL.

I have a question -- when you say buy leads, you buy leads from a service? Do you see what lists they are offering and the details, specifics, etc. -- or do you give them the parameters you are looking for and they build a list for you? Thanks!
I'm sure Thomas will answer but I'll chime in too.

Most who run a remote agency self generate leads through their websites, social media, and referrals.

Buying leads may involve a service (where they specialize in your market so the parameters are already optimized) or it may involve advertising on Facebook, Google (display or search), referral network websites (more ads, just a different source), etc.

Some people also use a service to manage their advertising.

There are financial advisors who market their services online selling millions in annuities and bringing in 10x that in AUM.

I sell disability insurance exclusively online. One of the biggest LTC producers in the country sells exclusively online.

Everything can be done online...and as Gen X moves towards retirement, financial services is going in that direction as well. Even for the high net worth.

Thanks. I certainly agree with "marketing" online, the "advertising" and related aspect, and the lead generation aspect as well. However, to me, that is not "telesales" or "online sales" so to speak. Maybe it's semantics, however, to me, where the lead comes from and the sales process, the forum in which a product is sold, are two completely different things.

Thanks for the information!

No. I either self generate or buy leads myself. And you need a lot of them for telesales because of the contact ratio. 20 leads a week might work for F2F but that won't cut it for telesales. For FE, you need to double or even triple that leadflow!

Which type of lead do you prefer for Telesales Thomas?

Thanks. I certainly agree with "marketing" online, the "advertising" and related aspect, and the lead generation aspect as well. However, to me, that is not "telesales" or "online sales" so to speak. Maybe it's semantics, however, to me, where the lead comes from and the sales process, the forum in which a product is sold, are two completely different things.

Thanks for the information!
You're right...probably just semantics.

I just view a lead sourced online and sold over the phone/email/screenshare as an "online/telemarketed" sale.

Again, likely just a difference in terminology.

You're right...probably just semantics.

I just view a lead sourced online and sold over the phone/email/screenshare as an "online/telemarketed" sale.

Again, likely just a difference in terminology.

I believe in, have seen great success, etc., with -- online/e-mail/electronic/etc. -- marketing, leads, nesting, whatever you want to call it. Where the lead comes from -- if it has integrity -- who cares? LOL.

I have a friend, who is in my study group. Very, very successful producer/advisor. He writes several million a year in life premium (on his own -- meaning he doesn't have other producers under him, writing for him, etc.), and adds tens of millions AUM annually. He has a "marketing" person who -- all this person does -- calls, emails, contacts, follows up, and markets to HNW, Wall St. executives, VC/PE/IB types, and the like.

If his marketing person gets an appointment scheduled -- his first meeting, almost every first meeting, is a web-based meeting. No matter where the person is. If they go to a second meeting, that is face-to-face, in person, as along as the person is in the tri-state area (NY/NJ/CT). For those who aren't, he continues with web meetings -- but the appointments he has face-to-face, in person, is where he "opens" the life insurance part of the process, where he "sells" the life insurance, and when he "closes" the life insurance sale. However, that "sale" of the life insurance is part of a process, a planning process. The life insurance is integrated and coordinated with various estate and tax planning strategies. It is not a "product" sale so to speak. On the other hand I know a guy who sells over a million dollars a year a DI premium, and it's all online/over the phone/on web meetings. Sure it works!

Geography and technology certainly offer the possibility of opening and closing a case via web, telephone, etc. -- but in my experience, six-digit premiums are not "mass marketed" and "mass closed" via the web. That I would categorize as a "product sale" -- the selling of a product, not as part of a planning process. Has he done it? Sure. I have as well. The biggest case I placed last year was with a family I did not meet face to face. But it wasn't a product sale. It wasn't a lead either. The attorney, from their home state, brought me in for a few unique, creative life insurance strategies, which integrated into some planning he was doing (non-reversionary lead trust, am RPM trust, and a combination of private/business split dollar).

I've seen super successful people in all aspects of the insurance business, marketplaces, products, and more.

Back