Telesales Vs F2F

Telesales for life, its a blast! Made 1300 calls last month and wrote a couple mill during a recession.... Never above or too good to pick up the phone.

I am not even the best sales guy. Its just a numbers game, I can call 10 prospects by the time you drive to 1.
Where do you get your leads?

Telesales is the best. I can work the hours I choose and make the money I need to without dressing nice, spending gas and wasting time driving around everywhere, and possibly dealing with sick individuals. You have to find the right telesales position to work in also. Some are great, some arent.
I am new to the business. Do you have any suggestions for good companies to work for? Remote Telesales.

I don't know that this is going to help answer the original question, but for me, my practice/business model -- my business has always been a face-to-face business, when possible. I say when possible, because I have a "regional" firm, but with a "national" presence and practice. When I get introduced to someone, or I start working with someone who lives in my area, I meet them, face-to-face. They come to my office, I go to their office, home, and ultimately, meetings take place in my office, unless there's reasons they can't.

However, when I get referred to someone in CA, FL, MN, IL, whatever, after an initial phone call (or web meeting), we work via web meeting. I've also flown to meet with a new prospect or client. It all depends. Case by case, but for the most part, my process is my process.

Working remotely has never been an issue for me -- whether it be with my office, staff, etc., or with clients. I work remotely when I "take off" 6 weeks in the summer and head up north, when I "take off" a month in the winter and go to FL, and when I take off a week or two at various times during the year. So, when the pandemic started, and we immediately went to working remotely, and right up through now, my business didn't slow, stall, falter, at all. The difference is that now all business is being done electronically -- e-application, e-medical when available, etc. -- and I am meeting with clients via web meeting only.

Telesales couldn't work in my marketplace, practice, etc., and that's OK. I couldn't do telesales. It's just not me. I think if you don't like something very quickly, you have to find out if that's because it's new, and you are learning, on the curve...or if it's because you just don't like it! In today's landscape, the pandemic has complicated that entire discussion and thought process.

Good luck and all the best!

There are probably any number of telesales agents who give thanks every night for that perspective.

I certainly hope so! The more the merrier in my marketplace. I think it's no different than any marketplace -- there is what works, and there is what doesn't work. It's also the 90/10 thing as well. But for the people who enter the HNW, private client, wealth management marketplace who are in the life insurance and wealth management marketplace...if they think they can sell those products over the phone...that makes it far easier for the top 10% of the producers.

Telesales in my marketplace...like I've long told producers...in our world...the only thing you can sell over the phone...is an appointment! LOL. An already existing client, different story. I've met some super successful people who do FE, Medicare Supplement, etc. -- and I've long been impressed at their business models and practices.

If you do not mind me asking, do you work with a company that provides leads or a good lead company?

No. I either self generate or buy leads myself. And you need a lot of them for telesales because of the contact ratio. 20 leads a week might work for F2F but that won't cut it for telesales. For FE, you need to double or even triple that leadflow!

No. I either self generate or buy leads myself. And you need a lot of them for telesales because of the contact ratio. 20 leads a week might work for F2F but that won't cut it for telesales. For FE, you need to double or even triple that leadflow!

Thomas (I apologize if that's not your name) -- I am not in the FE or telesales marketplace, never have been, and no very little, but probably closer to nothing about it, LOL.

I have a question -- when you say buy leads, you buy leads from a service? Do you see what lists they are offering and the details, specifics, etc. -- or do you give them the parameters you are looking for and they build a list for you? Thanks!

Back