Term Insurance for Large Build

I am trying to help a client who is on the heavy side. I have looked through all of the underwriting guides that I have access to, I am at a loss. He is in his 40's, 5'9" 340 lbs, takes 3 bp meds, bp is under control for over 1 year. No other meds. Family health history is good, no other blaring issues. He ideally wants 500K for 10-15 years. I have a quick quote out with Pru. Any ideas, suggestions?

I work with The Marcus Agency on term cases. They are very good at giving you an idea who to submit to for an impaired risk case. Got a 62M who weighed more than your prospect at standard plus with Pru. The brokerage you work with should be able to help you.

5-9 340? Every Fe company that asks ht/wt that’s a straight decline , I don’t deal in that mkt much but I’m shocked any fully underwritten will take that.

5-9 340? Every Fe company that asks ht/wt that’s a straight decline , I don’t deal in that mkt much but I’m shocked any fully underwritten will take that.

If I am recalling correctly I think that I used to find a home for most of my "big" business with Banner? I know that a lot changes over the years, but I think that they were pretty forgiving once upon a time.

Prudential.

And this client is right at their max build limit.

Hancock and Principal may he two others in the game but his rating is going to be off the charts if he can even get a policy.

Unlikely but always worth swinging the bat.

The nice thing about a client like this is that if you do get the policy issued they are likely to take it because they understand that they need it, they are lucky to get it, and they are afraid to lapse it because they may not get another.

Back