Term Insurance for Large Build

The carriers add half back. Not saying anything about the diet or keto.

How would they even know what half was? I don't ask folks, "hey how much did you weigh at your heaviest?" LOL. I ask them what they weigh now, and let them know that the portamed rep will weigh them...so honesty is the best policy. I can only assess the risk that is sitting in front of me. If they are 180 pounds today, its not my business what they weighed a year ago. I can only look at what I see in front of me.

How would they even know what half was? I don't ask folks, "hey how much did you weigh at your heaviest?" LOL. I ask them what they weigh now, and let them know that the portamed rep will weigh them...so honesty is the best policy. I can only assess the risk that is sitting in front of me. If they are 180 pounds today, its not my business what they weighed a year ago. I can only look at what I see in front of me.
It is your business because the question is on the app.

Every traditional life app asks "have you lost more than 10 lbs in the last year". If you say yes, they ask how much.

Then they add half of that weight loss to your current (applied/stated) weight.

Okay, if the question is on the application then its on the application. There's nothing I can do about that LOL. I haven't sold any life insurance in about nine years, so I'm still catching up on the current state of things. Its been a learning curve for sure.

Okay, if the question is on the application then its on the application. There's nothing I can do about that LOL. I haven't sold any life insurance in about nine years, so I'm still catching up on the current state of things. Its been a learning curve for sure.
No worries. I think it's a BS question as well but we write them as they come and if they keep the weight off, they can be rewritten for cheaper once they've kept the weight off.

Similar to smokers who "just quit".

Just wait until you get to the question about having hair on the head!

Just wait until you get to the question about having hair on the head!

A man with no hair on his head is much lower risk. If he doesn't care about having cool hair he probably doesn't do anything risky (watching stone cold drive a monster truck over a limousine in the middle of madison square garden while chugging beer) LOL.

A man with no hair on his head is much lower risk. If he doesn't care about having cool hair he probably doesn't do anything risky (watching stone cold drive a monster truck over a limousine in the middle of madison square garden while chugging beer) LOL.
I don't know about that. I have seen a lot of bald guys say, "hold my beer and watch this!"

No worries. I think it's a BS question as well but we write them as they come and if they keep the weight off, they can be rewritten for cheaper once they've kept the weight off.

Similar to smokers who "just quit".

This one just came up for me.

So I wrote my son and DiL while I was in MD. (trip write off). We put yes on her weight question due to just having their baby. With explanation and before and after pregnancy build. She got P+ and no exam.

My son said yes to the 10lb gain during the phi. He got out of the Corps two years ago and is feeling all fat body but he has not gained 10lbs. So now he had to do an exam. Still going to be P+ but just a slight delay.

They are also questioning income and net worth. As well as total insurance. Because he is only 25.

Note: second that adding back 50% of weight loss. Especially if due to weight loss surgery.

Back