Term Insurance for Large Build

Transamerica is very generous on build as well (or they used to be as of a few years ago). I think my guy I placed with them was around 320. Trans is a PIA to work with though as an agent. lol

5-9 340? Every Fe company that asks ht/wt that’s a straight decline , I don’t deal in that mkt much but I’m shocked any fully underwritten will take that.
Fully underwritten can/will take cases turned by FE companies every day. The FE premiums have a built in rating... most table 4. If the insured exceeds the built in rating then it is a decline. However, the fully underwritten plans can be rated as high as table 8 and with some companies even higher... Premium will be steep but they will issue coverage.. :yes:

I am trying to help a client who is on the heavy side. I have looked through all of the underwriting guides that I have access to, I am at a loss. He is in his 40's, 5'9" 340 lbs, takes 3 bp meds, bp is under control for over 1 year. No other meds. Family health history is good, no other blaring issues. He ideally wants 500K for 10-15 years. I have a quick quote out with Pru. Any ideas, suggestions?

He does not have a large build. He is not on the heavy side. He is very severely obese by his bmi. Cmon man, get real.

He is in his 40's, 5'9" 340 lbs, takes 3 bp meds, bp is under control for over 1 year. No other meds. Family health history is good

Bacon diet. 30 days, nothing but bacon and water, and he'll have his choice of carriers. No sweetners, no sugars, no starches.

Just bacon and water.

Fully underwritten can/will take cases turned by FE companies every day. The FE premiums have a built in rating... most table 4. If the insured exceeds the built in rating then it is a decline. However, the fully underwritten plans can be rated as high as table 8 and with some companies even higher... Premium will be steep but they will issue coverage.. :yes:

Excellent info Rous, thanks for sharing. If I had heard that before about FE only going to T4, I had forgotten.

Excellent info Rous, thanks for sharing. If I had heard that before about FE only going to T4, I had forgotten.
When you stop and think about you can see how FE companies can be profitable even paying the commissions they pay. The UW is set at table 4 or above but they write a lot of folks who would not be rated or would be rated tables 1,2 or 3 at the table 4 rate.

I know fully underwritten will go to table 10 or higher.But were talking 5-9 340. I just ran the BMI its 50.4 which over 40 is morbidly obese and a chance of death high. This is really worse than having cancer 2 yrs ago. I’d be shocked if any carrier would take it .

Back