Term Life company that offers non-tobacco rates for an edible MJ user?

Have a prospect who takes a nightly tincture for MJ. He has a medical card and it is legal. He doesn't smoke, he only uses the tincture to help sleep. But he does use it every single night.

Is there a term life company out there that will offer non smoker rates to him?

Have a prospect who takes a nightly tincture for MJ. He has a medical card and it is legal. He doesn't smoke, he only uses the tincture to help sleep. But he does use it every single night.

Is there a term life company out there that will offer non smoker rates to him?
many carriers now utilize a reflex test when the 1st blood/urine/saliva has a hit for THC. The have the lab run the sample through a 2nd test that determiness if it was combustible or non combustible. I can't remember the name of the test of the top of my head..........I am sure others will know which carriers do, especially all the edibles consumpting agents

Also keep in mind medical marijuana is usually tougher than recreational. It indicates some sort of chronic condition medically and these rarely get better. Recreational just means you like the chronic.

Also keep in mind medical marijuana is usually tougher than recreational. It indicates some sort of chronic condition medically and these rarely get better. Recreational just means you like the chronic.

Not true. The conditions that allow a prescription are very wide ranging, and most are insurable in the first place. Tons of scripts for mental health issues.

Since its medical, there is an actual reason listed by a doctor as to whats wrong with them. So its not some mystery to the underwriter. They treat it like any other prescription (meaning they underwrite the condition) as long as the carrier takes medical patients.

Just speaking from my experience. Most of my medical mj users are pretty banged up. Usually physically. Most of my recreational users are actually in pretty good health. Just my personal experience, perhaps yours has been different.

Not true. The conditions that allow a prescription are very wide ranging, and most are insurable in the first place. Tons of scripts for mental health issues.

Since its medical, there is an actual reason listed by a doctor as to whats wrong with them. So its not some mystery to the underwriter. They treat it like any other prescription (meaning they underwrite the condition) as long as the carrier takes medical patients.
I don't see how you can say Newbie's post isn't true. It's spot on. I don't have a condition that qualifies for a medical card, but I still buy it recreationally because I "like the chronic".

He's saying that if they have a medical card, they have a condition that might be a problem for UW, where a recreational user might just have to worry about smoker rates.

That being said, I agree with your post too. You're both right. :yes:

I don't see how you can say Newbie's post isn't true. It's spot on. I don't have a condition that qualifies for a medical card, but I still buy it recreationally because I "like the chronic".

He's saying that if they have a medical card, they have a condition that might be a problem for UW, where a recreational user might just have to worry about smoker rates.

That being said, I agree with your post too. You're both right. :yes:

My point is that the condition its being used for is not a mystery. So underwriting it is not a mystery.

Its the same as any other script the client has... they ask about the medical condition on the app and check the medical records to confirm.

Just speaking from my experience. Most of my medical mj users are pretty banged up. Usually physically. Most of my recreational users are actually in pretty good health. Just my personal experience, perhaps yours has been different.

Im not saying many of them dont have serious conditions. But its not a mystery to the underwriter what the condition is, since there is a prescription and medical records that list it. So its able to be underwritten based on the medical condition.

I agree that rec users are in better health... in states that rec is legal... in states med is only legal, well, there are some pretty healthy med patients with "serious back pain" and "anxiety" or "depression", etc.

Back