Terminated from Foresters for Persistency

You'd be so lucky to live here. I know you were joking based on your image of what NJ is, but this is a typical comment from some one who thinks NJ is represented by the small northern urban areas close to NY (think Soprano's). Every state has their urban areas, but for some reason people that have never been here think those areas are all it is. Let me edumacate you my Southern friend.....

It's called the Garden state for a reason....ever think of that? There are more horses in NJ then in Kentucky. The very north, west, east and south of the state are all rural and suburban areas. I NEVER sit in traffic when I'm working or any other time, for that matter. I drive long desolate stretches through the Pine barrens and farm land to go to my appointments. There is enough data here for me to never have to step foot in an urban area....ever. We have some of the best beaches on the East coast. I could go on, but you get the point.

When I do here that comment you made (always from southerners) it makes me cringe. If you actually saw where I lived and worked, it's beautiful.

Rant over.

btw....what are paying per gallon?

Went back up to $2.05 here ( we have self service).. Been to Jersey.. Part of what you say is true but Newark was enough to offset that .. Beaches? Who can use them when it is below freezing?

Went back up to $2.05 here ( we have self service).. Been to Jersey.. Part of what you say is true but Newark was enough to offset that .. Beaches? Who can use them when it is below freezing?

All of what I say is true. The fact that you're judging a whole state based on one city is completely ridiculous. Really. Every state has a shitty section that you want to stay away from. Part of the problem is that Newark has the international airport located there, so anytime someone flies in from anywhere else, that's what they judge NJ on. They're misguided.

And, despite popular belief, we have four seasons here as well, like the rest of the country. We have a really warm and pleasant one called summer. That's when the famous beaches are frequented.

I just paid 2.09 yesterday, so not so much cheaper.

You'd be so lucky to live here. I know you were joking based on your image of what NJ is, but this is a typical comment from some one who thinks NJ is represented by the small northern urban areas close to NY (think Soprano's). Every state has their urban areas, but for some reason people that have never been here think those areas are all it is. Let me edumacate you my Southern friend.....

It's called the Garden state for a reason....ever think of that? There are more horses in NJ then in Kentucky. The very north, west, east and south of the state are all rural and suburban areas. I NEVER sit in traffic when I'm working or any other time, for that matter. I drive long desolate stretches through the Pine barrens and farm land to go to my appointments. There is enough data here for me to never have to step foot in an urban area....ever. We have some of the best beaches on the East coast. I could go on, but you get the point.

When I do here that comment you made (always from southerners) it makes me cringe. If you actually saw where I lived and worked, it's beautiful.

Rant over.

btw....what are paying per gallon?

Around here it's still between $1.95-$2.05

All of what I say is true. The fact that you're judging a whole state based on one city is completely ridiculous. Really. Every state has a shitty section that you want to stay away from. Part of the problem is that Newark has the international airport located there, so anytime someone flies in from anywhere else, that's what they judge NJ on. They're misguided.

And, despite popular belief, we have four seasons here as well, like the rest of the country. We have a really warm and pleasant one called summer. That's when the famous beaches are frequented.

I just paid 2.09 yesterday, so not so much cheaper.

OK, you may have been getting somewhere until you started talking weather. Yes, everywhere has four seasons. You don't get what I call spring until nearly May every year, and fall ends in November. Down south spring usually gets started in early to mid March and fall lasts basically to Christmas. I lived in NE Ohio for eight years and visited the NE many times for business. Done NYC, Philly, Pitt, Baltimore, Hartford. Only part of NJ I stayed in was Jersey City but there is nowhere up there I would actually want to live. The taxes and cost of living are out of whack too.

OK, you may have been getting somewhere until you started talking weather. Yes, everywhere has four seasons. You don't get what I call spring until nearly May every year, and fall ends in November. Down south spring usually gets started in early to mid March and fall lasts basically to Christmas. I lived in NE Ohio for eight years and visited the NE many times for business. Done NYC, Philly, Pitt, Baltimore, Hartford. Only part of NJ I stayed in was Jersey City but there is nowhere up there I would actually want to live. The taxes and cost of living are out of whack too.

Taxes suck, not gonna argue that. But all of the places you've been to are cities. I would never want to live in ANY city, period. Jersey City is in that northern cluster of urban areas...You've never even seen 90% of the state. (this is assuming you've also visted Newark).

Our seasons are basically spilt equally among the four as far as weather is concerned. Some years are different then others, but for the most part it's 3 months for each weather wise.

Taxes suck, not gonna argue that. But all of the places you've been to are cities. I would never want to live in ANY city, period. Jersey City is in that northern cluster of urban areas...You've never even seen 90% of the state. (this is assuming you've also visted Newark).

Our seasons are basically spilt equally among the four as far as weather is concerned. Some years are different then others, but for the most part it's 3 months for each weather wise.

I mostly visited the turnpike and whatever the other roads are between Philly and Jersey City. I saw plenty of the rural country in upstate New York and central PA along with Ohio. The reasons I don't live up north have little to do with the land: weather, money, and certain annoying groups I'd rather not deal with on a daily basis anymore. Basically in that order.

I'll pay the extra couple cents to not have to get out of my car when it's shitty out......lol

Really don't blame you for that.. There are very few full service stations here and those charge about 30 - 40 cents per gallon more than the self serves. And, I really was just cranking your chain about NJ. It is a beautiful state as is NY but I can well do without your "four" seasons. It takes all spring just to thaw out from the winter.. You never see anybody retiring to the north.. (wish some wouldn't retire to the south! :D)

BTW, I misspoke. It wasn't Newark I had in mind.. It was Passaic.

I get what you guys are saying.....That "sorry you're from NJ" remark always strikes a nerve (obviously) because first, it's rude. Not sure why Jersey gets the brunt of it when there is PLENTY to rag on about other states. I personally would never say to someone sorry you're from "insert state here" I know you're joking around, but it's not the first time I've heard it.

These comments always come from people who have no idea about the state...my point, as long winded as it may be, is that NJ is unfairly represented by people. Those of us who call it home understand.

I'm not saying we have the best weather, at all. That was just in response to the who is going to use it in the winter comment......Although, we did just have the polar bear plunge last weekend, so actually a couple thousand people did use it when it was freezing cold.

I get what you guys are saying.....That "sorry you're from NJ" remark always strikes a nerve (obviously) because first, it's rude. Not sure why Jersey gets the brunt of it when there is PLENTY to rag on about other states. I personally would never say to someone sorry you're from "insert state here" I know you're joking around, but it's not the first time I've heard it.

These comments always come from people who have no idea about the state...my point, as long winded as it may be, is that NJ is unfairly represented by people. Those of us who call it home understand.

I'm not saying we have the best weather, at all. That was just in response to the who is going to use it in the winter comment......Although, we did just have the polar bear plunge last weekend, so actually a couple thousand people did use it when it was freezing cold.

Want to hear negative comments? Try being from TN, AL, MS.. As for Jersey, Snookie and her cohorts didn't help the image very much.. :laugh:

Back