FE persistency

The disagreement was about their customer service. Several agents are saying there's no debate that they have excellent customer service. We were saying their hold times indicate otherwise.
-----I will officially move my stance to 'its debatable' lol.
----If you are not contracted with them or calling in for general info on your policy--poor wait times (your
experience)

---If you are contracted with them or are calling in to report a death/cancel/etc---good wait times (my experience)

As far as contracting with them, I said their underwriting is nothing special and agents who place everyone with AmAm will end up unnecessarily writing lots of graded and ROP policies.
-----I don't disagree with you on those points. I wouldn't recommend writing ONLY them., since there are a lot of niches that they will bump to ROP/Graded. You obviously want to avoid waiting periods and get day-1 plans as much as possible.
-----For 'nothing special' underwriting, I think that is fair honestly, there are niches that they wont take level. But on the flipside, I don't find their level plans terribly restrictive either.

Their niche is low tobacco rates, but a price buster, like KSKJ, makes replacing them easy (even with smokers).
----I see your point, but in a lot of my states KSKJ isnt even available, and they aren't taking new agent now, so even though I would like to try them out, I cant.
-----Honestly my policies are not replaced that often since I switched to multiple carriers. If they are, it it is usually niches that I didn't have day 1 coverage, but the new company does. But I am trying limit the missing niches so that becomes less likely. My clients are much more likely to fall off due to insufficient funds or something like that, rarely replacement.

---That is also assuming the price busters can get in the door/on the phone. Obviously there are serial mailer/callers, but for a lot of people 'once you find it, you can stop looking' (not sure if that is a real phrase or just something my uncle used to say lol).

Last edited:
You didn't mention Any of those companies when you recommended your carrier lineup.

As far as "talking like a kid", I have no idea what you're referring to. Seems you've been aggressive towards me in the past, so perhaps I've ruffled your feathers.

Either way, I don't care what you think, so you can continue to make assumptions and draw your own conclusions about me.

I said 3 companies for a new agent. Smart agents that stick will pick up more companies as they learn the biz.

It doesn’t matter what I think about what you post,you are correct.

So ez ... lol. You guys kill me. All kid'n aside ... ever do Mortgage protection ...? ANd are you or yous udda guys doing tele apps or driving around cause I am NOT wanting that angle ... I did telesales for years in indie health before it became the ACA ... no offense I know people rock';n that but ... not of I can help it. I'm crazy, I'll work all the time ... weekends ... no probs. I actually like kick'n it with new people ... I watched this one ytube with a Candi Hooder I believe ... she KILLS it ... 18 states maybe 22 - 23 ... she's with FFL so let's hear the skinny on them? I was doing 18 I think back before Ocare came in ... I also have a co - worker to help with admin. and follow up to keep me entertaining ... if you're an IMO ... holla at cha boy?

Idk if you are trolling with all that lingo or what.

But I would say avoid FFL at all costs. I find their commission rates they pitch to people intentionally deceptive. I am sure you could find other threads on here about them.

Lets say you can get 120% final expense contracts with an IMO. That is street for a lot of final expense carriers.
Example-(I am not with this company, but here is what they offer, and I like how they list the companies- so here is an example) https://fexcontracting.com/wp-conte...ommission-quick-reference-FEX-Contracting.pdf.

You get the 120% whether you placed 30k, 20k, 15k that month. Maybe you went on vacation for several weeks and you only placed 5k. still 120%

With FFL-If you placed 55k a month, every month, like clockwork, ABSOLUTELY CRUSHING IT, and get to their highest level for producers........... You would be at 110% with almost all final expense plans . (they give you 120% for Americo to try to push that, but they are more expensive). If it doesn't make sense at even their HIGHEST producer level, you can bet it gets worse if you are lower than 55k.

Lets say you place 17k next month:
Random IMO: still 120% on your FEX carriers
FFL: 90% FEX almost across the board, 100% with Americo.

To get to the 120% with most companies you would HAVE to have a team and placing 400k/mo total.

You can view their charts here, and see for yourself how the %% on their FFL chart does not correlate to that actual commission level (except for Americo, of course lol)
FFL compensation chart: https://www.fflinspireagents.com/_files/ugd/91be5c_e9198d479dcc4506b559ed537bed0aad.pdf
ACTUAL carrier commissions at those levels
https://www.fflinspireagents.com/comp

Last edited:
Idk if you are trolling with all that lingo or what.

But I would say avoid FFL at all costs. I find their commission rates they pitch to people intentionally deceptive. I am sure you could find other threads on here about them.

Lets say you can get 120% final expense contracts with an IMO. That is street for a lot of final expense carriers.
Example-(I am not with this company, but here is what they offer, and I like how they list the companies- so here is an example) https://fexcontracting.com/wp-conte...ommission-quick-reference-FEX-Contracting.pdf.

You get the 120% whether you placed 30k, 20k, 15k that month. Maybe you went on vacation for several weeks and you only placed 5k. still 120%

With FFL-If you placed 55k a month, every month, like clockwork, ABSOLUTELY CRUSHING IT, and get to their highest level for producers........... You would be at 110% with almost all final expense plans . (they give you 120% for Americo to try to push that, but they are more expensive). If it doesn't make sense at even their HIGHEST producer level, you can bet it gets worse if you are lower than 55k.

Lets say you place 17k next month:
Random IMO: still 120% on your FEX carriers
FFL: 90% FEX almost across the board, 100% with Americo.

To get to the 120% with most companies you would HAVE to have a team and placing 400k/mo total.

You can view their charts here, and see for yourself how the %% on their FFL chart does not correlate to that actual commission level (except for Americo, of course lol)
FFL compensation chart: https://www.fflinspireagents.com/_files/ugd/91be5c_e9198d479dcc4506b559ed537bed0aad.pdf
ACTUAL carrier commissions at those levels
https://www.fflinspireagents.com/comp

Any trustworthy agent is a fool not getting 130% with all the main line carriers . Hell I
get spammed monthly by Cincinnati equitable offering 130% direct contracts to anyone who can fog a mirror . You even do $150 k of premium that 10% more pays at least 1/2 your lead costs for the yr

Any trustworthy agent is a fool not getting 130% with all the main line carriers . Hell I
get spammed monthly by Cincinnati equitable offering 130% direct contracts to anyone who can fog a mirror . You even do $150 k of premium that 10% more pays at least 1/2 your lead costs for the yr

Good luck writing $150k with CE. I know several agents who have tried like hell to send them business. But they decline nearly everyone.

Good luck writing $150k with CE. I know several agents who have tried like hell to send them business. But they decline nearly everyone.

Not $150 k with them . I was talking $150 k with all .Rna,am am , prosperity , Trustage , sbli , liberty bankers ,all 130% . Trinity 120% . Aflac 140%, accendo 138%. It’s who you know . All these IMO’s are at 150% and most do nothing .

No one is talking about how good they were decades ago or even last year. We're saying they have had long hold times lately.

Why would we make this up?

First off, did you not read or comprehend my post? I'm talking about the present, not the past.

You guys know I can't help but stir'n the poop pot ... so, Kingaling, how do Am am rates compare against others .., let's start with Ohio? And would y'all say that they have the most functional online app. process ..? Are you doing telesales ..?

The rates in Ohio are the same as any other state. You should know that though. They are middle of the road when it comes to price. No one has claimed they have the greatest prices. Not sure where you're coming from.

As far as the e-app goes, it's very good. Once again, what's your point?

The rates in Ohio are the same as any other state. You should know that though. They are middle of the road when it comes to price. No one has claimed they have the greatest prices. Not sure where you're coming from.

As far as the e-app goes, it's very good. Once again, what's your point?

Their eapp is good compared to what? They have one of the worst eapps. Sentinel probably has THE worst eapp.

Back