Text Messaging Older Clients

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I notice over the last couple years more and more of my aged <55 clients preferred quote and underwriting information by email. That took me a while to get used to. I grew up in this business talking.

Now I have many more >55 clients that prefer email or text. Or I have to text them to let them now that I emailed a form to them. Of which many fax or scan and email back to me.

In another thread someone mentioned that seniors tend to be much more mobile now than in the past. I agree. That and many are still working or running business. Of the several text I sent out this morning only two were to <55 and the rest were to >55 clients. The oldest is 69. When I open a case I now ask how they prefer to communicate. Than and I make sure to get there cell numbers. No one answers that home phone any more.

In my email signature I have added my text number. I am now getting some referrals texting me instead of calling. It is freakin weird. Thankfully I use Google Voice so I can tap text out on my keyboard.

Last edited:
Key issue, how are you documenting your text messages? =)

I do not discuss any business over text, and keep it on the phone.

Confirmations go out via email/snail mail.

My management system, I can send texts from now, I kinda prefer that because its documented....Costs me $13 a month for this option.

My management system, I can send texts from now, I kinda prefer that because its documented....Costs me $13 a month for this option.
wow, what management system is that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Google Voice is good for documenting text messaging and voice mail all in one. Also transcribes your voice mails into text. Reliability of transcript = you get what you pay for (free). But you can save both forever with Google Voice.

Last edited:
wow, what management system is that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Google Voice is good for documenting text messaging and voice mail all in one. Also transcribes your voice mails into text. Reliability of transcript = you get what you pay for (free). But you can save both forever with Google Voice.

How do you save them. I am copying and pasting. I know that there has got to be a better way. I hit the archive button then could not find where it archived to. Appreciate any help for the old dude.

How do you save them. I am copying and pasting. I know that there has got to be a better way. I hit the archive button then could not find where it archived to. Appreciate any help for the old dude.

So copying and pasting is probably better than my way to tell you the truth. From Google Voice, I choose "more" on the voicemail and email myself the voicemail, put my notes in the message and then attach that email to the client in my agency management system.

If you want more info I'm happy to discuss.

So copying and pasting is probably better than my way to tell you the truth. From Google Voice, I choose "more" on the voicemail and email myself the voicemail, put my notes in the message and then attach that email to the client in my agency management system.

If you want more info I'm happy to discuss.

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking the key may be to figure out where the Archive goes.

Back