The Curse Of Paid Links

Make sure you have these domain names on different class IP Blocks.

I should let Pangea answer, but I think he meant Class C blocks.

Every website resolves to an IP address. An IP address is like a vin on a car or a zip code that is separated by dots.

The dots separate the IP address into blocks. The third one is the C block.

If the IP addresses are too close to each other numerically, the assumption that Google will make is that you are getting link love from your next door neighbor (to continue the zip code analogy) or from yourself.

I should let Pangea answer, but I think he meant Class C blocks.

Every website resolves to an IP address. An IP address is like a vin on a car or a zip code that is separated by dots.

The dots separate the IP address into blocks. The third one is the C block.

If the IP addresses are too close to each other numerically, the assumption that Google will make is that you are getting link love from your next door neighbor (to continue the zip code analogy) or from yourself.

That's what I'm referring to.

I drew a diagram to explain what we do on a very rudimentary level (start factoring relevancy, content creation, variable pagerank, sheer link volume, and latent semantic indexing then you have a winner, winner, chicken dinner).

You do this right and you can rank for terms not even on your page...

netstyleone.jpg

Just curious if various companies running CMSes for insurance agents put every customer into separate C class. Can somebody help me on this topic?

So, either all companies running CMSes are bad, or Google doesn't care about classes anymore.

Google doesn't penalize sites just because they share an IP address or a C block.

My guess is that most sites share an IP address with other sites. Unless you need a SSL certificate, this is probably the default.

Although Google doesn't penalize you for not having a unique IP address, it doesn't give you maximum link love when a site links to another site if their IP addresses are too close together.

Also, Google may penalize every site with the same IP address if one gets caught doing something it doesn't like.

Google doesn't penalize sites just because they share an IP address or a C block.
Bingo! It doesn't! Nor a single IP address, neither a block. Because in case of CMS literally thousands of sites can share the same IP address, because they aren't physical, traditional sites, they are just DB records, and in fact, separating them to different IP addresses is quite a job.

Also, Google may penalize every site with the same IP address if one gets caught doing something it doesn't like.
No longer. They review every case, I mean, literally - review, a human enters website in question and sees whats going on there.

Last edited:
Bingo! It doesn't! Nor a single IP address, neither a block. Because in case of CMS literally thousands of sites can share the same IP address, because they aren't physical, traditional sites, they are just DB records, and in fact, separating them to different IP addresses is quite a job.

No longer. They review every case, I mean, literally - review, a human enters website in question and sees whats going on there.

Ummm... G definitely DOES blacklist IPs...

Back