The Curse Of Paid Links

valdet

Webmaster
Administrator
Paid links have always been used to gain an unfair advantage over competition in getting better search engine results. Although paid links are not allowed by Google for few years now, a lot of companies still secretly use them to get a short-term profit. But on long-term this is always deemed to fail and the cost you pay is brutal for your business.

The following article shows how JCPenney ended getting a big slap on its face, after enjoying a very successful holiday sales season. It's funny how they dumped their SEO "gurus" only after getting the slap, while previously boasting of record sales during holiday.

The Dirty Little Secrets of Search

Maybe this article is too long, but I encourage you to read it. It is very worth and you see the consequences it would have on every business if you get dumped out of Google index.

Good night,
Val.

very interesting article Val.

I've done some recon on some on the top sites in Florida for health ins lead gen, and it seems quite a few (almost everyone) does this to extent. Naturally not thousands of bogus links like JC Penney.

How valuable was that? A study last May by Daniel Ruby of Chitika, an online advertising network of 100,000 sites, found that, on average, 34 percent of Google’s traffic went to the No. 1 result, about twice the percentage that went to No. 2.

To Mr. Stevens, S.E.O. is a game, and if you’re not paying black hats, you are losing to rivals with fewer compunctions.

Last edited:
AND.....if words seem to be backwards then it is too late for you.....

Last edited by a moderator:
This-is-relevant-to-my%C2%A0interests.jpg

I have noticed a ton of garbage sites popping up, google "Ing Life Insurance" and the first several pages are packed with what appears to be affiliate spammer sites that just popped up overnight.

I like the terminology they use to describe the dark arts of SEO, black hat, white hat...

Also makes me wonder, if owning separate domains for each section of your website could possibly pump more juice to each other?

Make sure you have these domain names on different class IP Blocks.

I work with a net strategy where I have multiple layers I pass link juice through; that way if I do things that are questionable I'm not doing it to my money sites.

Back