The President-elect Working for the United States Rather Than Mexico

So you have given us a link to a "temp agency" who hires and supplies workers to companies. The companies hiring the worker from the temp agency are doing so at much more than the rate being paid for the worker.

These are entry level jobs.

Previous warehouse/manufacturing experience preferred, but will train the right candidates.​

You have NO IDEA if the company these workers will be going to is unionized or not, the ad does not tell you.

Maybe this will help make my point:

Foreign automakers pay from $38 to $65 per hour to non-union workers - Autoblog

So you have given us a link to a "temp agency" who hires and supplies workers to companies. The companies hiring the worker from the temp agency are doing so at much more than the rate being paid for the worker.

These are entry level jobs.

Previous warehouse/manufacturing experience preferred, but will train the right candidates.​

You have NO IDEA if the company these workers will be going to is unionized or not, the ad does not tell you.

Maybe this will help make my point:

Foreign automakers pay from $38 to $65 per hour to non-union workers - Autoblog

Vehicle Interior Production Worker - Battle Creek, MI 49014 - Indeed Mobile

As a side note, the reason why non-union auto manufacturers pay a decent wage and benefits is because the unions set the wage standards in auto manufacturing domestically.

Even non union workers benefit from unions.

Vehicle Interior Production Worker - Battle Creek, MI 49014 - Indeed Mobile

As a side note, the reason why non-union auto manufacturers pay a decent wage and benefits is because the unions set the wage standards in auto manufacturing domestically.

Even non union workers benefit from unions.

Or so the unions would want you to believe.

Why do the unions always oppose non-union competition from companies/entities that have workers who do not want to be unionized?

Or so the unions would want you to believe.

Why do the unions always oppose non-union competition from companies/entities that have workers who do not want to be unionized?

Decline of unions has hurt all workers: study

When Trump harkens to the "great" times in America he is referring to the 1950s through the 1970s when there was a robust union workforce and strong economic protections on imported goods.

You all want to fight globalization, this is how you do it.

"according to the study out Tuesday from the liberal-leaning Economic Policy Institute ahead of Labor Day"

Well I don't think heritage is going to commission a study on the effects of declining union participation.

It's a sound study. The combination of open trade that undercuts American manufacturing and declining union membership has hurt the middle class and benefitted the already wealthy. This is the road to Mexico.

Well I don't think heritage is going to commission a study on the effects of declining union participation.

It's a sound study. The combination of open trade that undercuts American manufacturing and declining union membership has hurt the middle class and benefitted the already wealthy. This is the road to Mexico.

How bout bringing in millions of illegals year after year and unleashing them on the labor market. You think that drives wages up or down for the working class?

I am sure that if you are working as a chambermain down at the Holiday Inn you have a lot of bargaining power when you ask for a raise, knowing that there several hundred illegals willing to take your job tomorrow. In many instances we are not on the road to Mexico, because Mexico is on the road to us.

How bout bringing in millions of illegals year after year and unleashing them on the labor market. You think that drives wages up or down for the working class?

I am sure that if you are working as a chambermain down at the Holiday Inn you have a lot of bargaining power when you ask for a raise, knowing that there several hundred illegals willing to take your job tomorrow. In many instances we are not on the road to Mexico, because Mexico is on the road to us.

There would not be several hundred people who could take your job as a chambermaid if you're in a union. ;)

There would not be several hundred people who could take your job as a chambermaid if you're in a union. ;)

I see. So you want to continue to close the door to jobs for working class people by keeping them under the control of the unions. Apparently you want to continue to facilitate the arrival of more and more illegals while making sure that there are no job opportunities for them.

Back