The Secret To Making Money in Final Expense

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, Hoosierdaddy

I'm interested in your program. I'm currently not licensed, but was first looking for a program or agency that I would possible join,

Im greener than grean when it comes to the insurance business, although I have been in sales for quite sometime already. Is program good for someone like my self?. Also do I need to be in a specific location?. I'm in San Diego, California.

So upline told me all I had to do was to show up. I showed up with about 1300.00 in leads and have now lost about 3,000. traveling. Maybe it's 2. Not really sure.

I showed up and they didn't have the money for the FE. Some who answered TV ads were in public housing or in run down trailer parks. Many wanted it but couldn't afford it.

So was he right or was it me. I did what I was told to do and i didn't push on anyone? I don't see the value in that approach in these times.

Nolby5 were you with Hoosierdaddy and Equita or was your bad experience with another system. Who was your "upline"?

This is a previous post from another thread but works well here...

Any agent that is naive enough to believe that deserves the bad experience that awaits them down that path... The only people talking about selling FE over the phone are Marketers.

I have not met, talked, or heard of an agent that is making a good consistent living selling FE over the phone... However, I have spoken with many agents that bought in to the idea, and realized quickly they had made a costly mistake.

Maybe in 20-25 years that generation will be open to making that purchase over the phone, or Internet. However the FE market (58- 80 low income procrastinating skeptics) are not a viable group to present/close/and retain FE business via marketing over the phone. The phone is a useful tool to set the appointment for a face-to-face appt.

Believe me, I wish it was true and it worked because I would be all over it.

Hello Hoosier and everyone else!
I have been in FE just over 10 yrs. This is all I do. My 1st 7 yrs. were in the field face to face and I would write 2500-5000 per week consistently.

The last 3 yrs. have been 100% over the phone! No wet signature, no face to face, everything is 100% over the phone with a digital recorder (and still the paper app filled in while I'm on the phone).

For me the persistency is the same in the field as over the phone. Closing % is the same in the field as over the phone, about 20%-30%. I LOVE selling over the phone because I make more income with same effort (and no gas or overnight lodging).

I can find the "yes" and the "no" people much quicker over the phone, I don't have to drive from lead to lead, that way practically all my time is spent selling, not driving to an appointment (where about 20% will not even be there when I arrive on time).

So yes...100% of the sale over the phone does work (not just for me but others I know who write $5000-$10,000 per week).
However...if one is successful on the phone there is a tendency to become about 25% lazier. lol

I have found that new agents can make it in FE over the phone easier than they ever could when I personally trained the in the field, riding with me and watching my presentation.

I can also work leads 6 hours from home over the phone so I don't have to direct mail certain areas too often to keep response rates up.

An agent DOES have to be trained on selling over the phone just like they would selling in the field.

Respectfully yours...TheInsuranceMan

In previous posts on this thread HoosierDaddy and Stratos were negative about selling FE over the phone. I respect their opinions based on their expertise and experience. I am not in the FE market, but I am curious what carriers do you use that allow you to market over the phone and without wet signatures?

Last edited:
In previous posts on this thread HoosierDaddy and Stratos were negative about selling FE over the phone. I respest their opinions based on their expertise and experience. I am not in the FE market, but I am curious what carriers do you use that allow you to market over the phone and without wet signatures?

Well...stratos and hoosier have ONLY done face 2 face. I did 7 yrs face 2 face and last 3 yrs on the phone. So I feel I know what I'm talking about. How can they say "on the phone" will not work since they never tried it? By the way the co. is Lincoln Heritage. The home office is even open on Sat.!

Well...stratos and hoosier have ONLY done face 2 face. I did 7 yrs face 2 face and last 3 yrs on the phone. So I feel I know what I'm talking about. How can they say "on the phone" will not work since they never tried it? By the way the co. is Lincoln Heritage. The home office is even open on Sat.!

I'd be pretty surprised if you did face to face as successfully as Hoosier Daddy and Stratoes. And if you did, why would you change anything?

I believe that FE phone sales CAN be done but I believe you will work twice as hard and have to buy 3-times as many leads to make half the money.

I think there is a place for it but it is inferior in practice.

There is nothing sweeter to the ears of final expense agent when he goes on an appointment than to hear a healthy prospect say, "I recently bought a policy through (insert one: Lincoln Heritage, AARP, Globe Life, Colonial Penn etc.) but I wanted to compare it to yours.

I'd be pretty surprised if you did face to face as successfully as Hoosier Daddy and Stratoes. And if you did, why would you change anything?

I believe that FE phone sales CAN be done but I believe you will work twice as hard and have to buy 3-times as many leads to make half the money.

I think there is a place for it but it is inferior in practice.

There is nothing sweeter to the ears of final expense agent when he goes on an appointment than to hear a healthy prospect say, "I recently bought a policy through (insert one: Lincoln Heritage, AARP, Globe Life, Colonial Penn etc.) but I wanted to compare it to yours.

LOL! You speculate how FE is over the phone and you've never tried it or been trained to do it successfully? OK...I've trained 4 new agents the last 4 weeks (ALL OVER THE PHONE). Here's what they each wrote (no way to verify this for you on this board): 3238, 2246, 1701, 1455. I only wrote 2246 myself (I had to spend time training new agent..role playing,etc.). It's OK if you or no one else believes it. Makes absolutely no sense to trash something that you have NEVER been exposed to. And...how do you doubt my abilities to match hoosier or stratos...you don't even know me or have spoken to me. The only way to outwrite hoosier is to work more leads and put in more time.As for stratus I don't know what he writes each week. Man.....the way the world and technology and new efficiencys are evolving you may be better off to keep an open mind...or you'll be left behind. Peace brother.

LOL! You speculate how FE is over the phone and you've never tried it or been trained to do it successfully? OK...I've trained 4 new agents the last 4 weeks (ALL OVER THE PHONE). Here's what they each wrote (no way to verify this for you on this board): 3238, 2246, 1701, 1455. I only wrote 2246 myself (I had to spend time training new agent..role playing,etc.). It's OK if you or no one else believes it. Makes absolutely no sense to trash something that you have NEVER been exposed to. And...how do you doubt my abilities to match hoosier or stratos...you don't even know me or have spoken to me. The only way to outwrite hoosier is to work more leads and put in more time.As for stratus I don't know what he writes each week. Man.....the way the world and technology and new efficiencys are evolving you may be better off to keep an open mind...or you'll be left behind. Peace brother.

I have an open mind. And I am open to doing some phone sales. I have no problem with it.

But you and I both know that those agents would have made that much or more working face to face and most of it would still be on the books a year later.

Limiting your agents to Lincoln Heritage seems like a recipe for failure.

"And...how do you doubt my abilities to match hoosier or stratos...you don't even know me or have spoken to me."

We have talked, or you did anyway. I don't doubt anyone's abilities to do anything. I doubt that someone that is as successful as Hoosier or Stratos would be actively looking to change everything they are doing so successfully.

You seem to be convinced that you have a good system. And believeing in yourself is half the battle. So good luck with it.

It was not with Hoosier Daddy, the other dude, or Equita. It was with another system. I didn't buy into it but I did decide to work with this guy and it just didn;t work out. I have only myself to blame. The leads were way too expensive and I have no idea when they ran to attract the type of people who wanted the product but didn't have the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back