This is how Mark Rosenthal Sells Ins.

You do not have to use her image or name. I for one can use my personal stories and/or the feeding tube piece.

Terry is just the most famous living will cases in America. I would say if you going to use her picture. Keep the picture small .

Mark,
Thanks for all your input on this site. I'm somewhat new on here and have really gained some useful information and insight. Thanks for what you do!

For a Will, Living Will, and Durable Power Of Attorney, I use a Pre-Paid Legal plan. They are included in the membership.
I can be compensated on the sale of the membership and the let the Provider Law Firms handle all the legal stuff.

This post is a good in the door idea.

For a Will, Living Will, and Durable Power Of Attorney, I use a Pre-Paid Legal plan. They are included in the membership.
I can be compensated on the sale of the membership and the let the Provider Law Firms handle all the legal stuff.

This post is a good in the door idea.

So what are we selling here Cornelius? Insurance or Pre-Paid Legal Plans? Mark has offered some advice of how to get into people's door. We are offering a FREE service to them, not some legal plan that will cost them $30 or so per month. So you can go ahead and sign up the client so they can get a free living will then once they get that done and cancel the plan, you'll be getting a charge back from Pre-Paid Legal. Not very smart in my opinion. Then they might say "Why did this guy sell me this legal plan anyway? Let me cancel this insurance deal he's got me while I'm at it." I say let's stick to insurance and leave the lotions, potions and water filters that you're selling for it's own time and place. Keep a very professional image.

50% of the job is getting your foot in the door. This idea will do this for you. It will also get them talking about dying and their families. I would never charge for this service. Also the referrals are great. Free is Free. That is a big part of the sizzle.

I too am heavy hearted when things happen to people and they have failed to plan for the inevitiable. Especially so when I have met with them and they declined coverage,

I'm going to share some more of this idea. Tell the client that they should also write a letter to their loves ones and put with the free living will. This would have helped me personally and I think that it is a good idea. It's good for the client's family and it helps to get them thinking more about their family and death. We will put the letter along with the living will. It does not have to be signed or anything legal. It is just a "Love Note" telling them goodbye.

Mark, thank you for sharing. This sounds like a great approach and I can see how there would be a huge response to any type of marketing of FREE living wills.

I'm sorry if I missed it in your first post, but how long does it take you to complete the living will with the prospect?

Also, I clicked through the provided link and the Ohio AD is over 30 pages. Are you aware of any abbreviated versions?

Thanks again for sharing.

Mark, thank you for sharing. This sounds like a great approach and I can see how there would be a huge response to any type of marketing of FREE living wills.

I'm sorry if I missed it in your first post, but how long does it take you to complete the living will with the prospect?

Also, I clicked through the provided link and the Ohio AD is over 30 pages. Are you aware of any abbreviated versions?

Thanks again for sharing.

I tend to take longer then most agents do while working on a living will with a client. I take it slow and treat them like it was my own mother filling out one of them. It's more then just helping them fill out one of these to me. It is a lot of talking and listening to them at the same time. I also have a lot to get done. I have to teach them how living will works, why they need to have one, then talk them into the insurance, then do the insurance paperwork and then call the family members and set up my next appointment.

It takes me over an hour most of the time if they buy the insurance and everything goes good.

On most of these living will kits, you actually don't feel out a lot on them. Most of it is the law and how to fill them out. But you can always find tons of them out on the web and a shorter one out there. I just like that site that I use, because it explains each states law on them and gives a lot of details on them. I like for mine to be lone and explain everything to the client.

I think it's important not to rush on doing this system. This is very important and real lifes that we are dealing with. The client will also know if you are only trying to make a buck or also looking out for their best interest.

If you have any more questions, just let me know. I hope I have covered your question. I'm going to one day make a training video tape on this idea. I made one from a go to meeting that I had with agents, but it was too long. I will have to make a shorter one.

It's hard to put into words, how much emotions goes into this and how personal it gets with the client.

On a side note, for those that don't know. I've have a client use one of the living wills that I helped him with this year. Motorcycle wreck killed him. We had to use the living will on him and a death claim that I sold him insurance on. Very long and sad story that affected me personally, because I talked the client into the system and the client brother worked with me.

Pre-Paid Legal is a service product. As we know different states have different laws. It's great to consider a Living Will, but what about the Will and Durable Power Of Attorney? I very much thank Mark for all the information he has posted and the information he has sent me.

Every client should consider or have an Estate Plan. When doing legal planning people should consider the consultation of an Attorney..As for me selling some lotion, potion, water filter business that's not true. When considering something like a Living Will it's not something to look at as a free marketing tool. We all know people should at least have a Will. We are selling insurance to cover their death, why not offer a Will also? As for chargebacks, that's like anything else. If the product is sold the right way to the right person it's not an issue. Besides it's not like people don't drop life coverage.

People have the right to say no thank you to any products we market. In my opinion the Pre-Paid Legal plan is a good plan to have because people can have the Will, Living Will, and Durable power Of Attorney done by their state provider Law Firm and have any other documents reviewed (If 10 pages or less). For the signing member they can have the Will, Living Will and Durable Power Of Attorney reviewed yearly Free. That's just a small part of the plans. I'm not an Attorney. I and I don't know where that line is drawn between practicing law and not practicing law so I let the Provider Law Firm handle that planning.

As for the professional image. This thread is about helping a client with a Living Will. I would think that any site that provides this form whould say that they would advise people to have the document reviewed by an Attorney, so why the comment about lotions, potions, and water filters?

There are many insurance agents who offer their clients Pre-paid Legal plans and get this, even some practicing Attorneys also have and market he plans. Please forgive me if this seems like an ad for PPL. It's not. As I stated Mark post some great information. We both can basically do the same thing, but we just go diffferent routes. Either way the client can/will get the document(s) done. I look at it this way. When I talk to someone about their estate plan and get them on the phone with an Attorney and as they do their Estate planning many other different products can be discussed. If they have any concerns, I can just send them back to the Provider law firm if they have any questions. Many people have questions about death, disability, retirement and Identity Theft. How many people have heard of asset recovery when considering medicaid and Long Term Care? How many people consider the process of soc. sec. and disability. How many people consider their beneficiary desiginations, especially if they have blended families? how many single parents have their children as beneficiaries on some of their documents at their place of employment?

So if people don't see the value of paying $16.00 or $25.00 a month, I won't sign them up. Chargebacks happen. Yes even with insurance agents. As always people have the right to say no thank you.

It's really simple. When people tell me they have reservations about a Pre-Paid Legal plan I just say don't get it. When other agents tell me they have reservations about marketing it, I just say don't sell it, because at some point another agent most probably will offer it to your client or they may get from their employer.

Consider this. At death a Living Will cease to be valid. The Life Insurance and probate become an issue..Of course people should consult with an Attorney for all their legal questions.

Back