This is Working for Me

OK, After your sage advice I've decided to amend my strategy.

1)Call them, Tell them I'm with the lottery commission and only need a few signatures.
2)show up, push them into a huge WL policy.
3)MY buddy works at a viatical brokerage. sell the policy through him(spilt the commish of course).
4)Then take that lump sum and drop it into an annuity with a 20yr surrender period.

What d'ya think?

Seriously, your the one that needs to quit this business and become a priest old man. I'll be your boss one day. literally laughing out f$%king loud.

Rick? A priest? Now there is a thought.! :swoon:

An even slightly dishonest approach is a sign of one thing. Not writing enough business. People that are successful and write consistent business don't have to stretch the truth to make money.

Cow, how old are you, and how long have you been in the insurance business? How long have you worked for MOO and did you have prior insurance experience?

FWIW, I started off as a rep many years ago. The difference is, I knew I was green and had to earn my stripes with the big boys. It didn't take me long to gain their respect but my approach was much different from yours.

Cow, how old are you, and how long have you been in the insurance business? How long have you worked for MOO and did you have prior insurance experience?

FWIW, I started off as a rep many years ago. The difference is, I knew I was green and had to earn my stripes with the big boys. It didn't take me long to gain their respect but my approach was much different from yours.

I'm 26, been in insurance for 3 years. 6 months with mutual. 2 1/2 with an independent agency selling life and health over the phone all over the country. The whole reason I left was because The MGA was slick and greasy wanted us to start pushing crummy health companies(indemnity plans and such). So I switched to what I considered one of the most ethical and upstanding brands in the insurance game. I feel that I have worked hard to form a better, more honest path for my career so I guess I over reacted when green called me dishonest. my bad bro. ;)

And BTW, I do about 75% of my business with a senior advisor who has been in the business for 20 years. Anytime I get a big fish on the line I always invite him along to ensure that we do the right thing for the clients situation.

"...selling life and health over the phone all over the country"

"...I do about 75% of my business with a senior advisor who has been in the business for 20 years. Anytime I get a big fish on the line I always invite him along to ensure that we do the right thing for the clients situation".
Do you sell over the phone or do you sell face to face? Your comments are confusing.

I do about 75% of my business with a senior advisor who has been in the business for 20 years.

That could be good or bad.

Some people manage to surprise me and survive in this business yet show no signs of being honest or ethical. Not saying that is the case here, but I do wonder about your opening comments which drew so much fire. Is that what your advisor told you to do or did you come up with that on your own?

I now do 90% of my business face to face.

I have formed a good friendship with the advisor that I bring out on my larger cases. I genuinely trust him, and he has yet to let me down, and he has given me a lot of direction.

Association marketing is something that MoO has been doing for 20 plus years. Generally one agent does the leg work to set up the endorsement, and they are the go to guy for all of the assoc. members. however there are tons of "orphaned" associations. Where the advisor who set up the endorsement has retired or moved.

As long as there is some relationship between your insurance company and the assoc. you mention, I don't see any ethical problem whatsoever. But I guess I'm alone on this one.

Back