This is Working for Me

As long as you can honor and apply any association discount (which can be done in MoO illustration software with the proper codes)... there shouldn't be any problems. With most other carriers, association deals are done through ONE agent (so they can "corner and specialize in that market")... and anyone affiliated with that association has to call THAT agent.

I was only with MoO for a couple of months and wasn't told any of this stuff. But having seen MoO's illustration system (again) and how it's so easy to offer the proper association discount... I don't see an issue with it either.

Just make sure you really DO have an association relationship and can document what the benefits are for the association member.

As long as there is some relationship between your insurance company and the assoc. you mention, I don't see any ethical problem whatsoever. But I guess I'm alone on this one.

You've made a 100% change of direction. You originally posted you basically just made up the relationship between the association and the carrier. For this I correctly labeled you as dishonest.

If there is indeed a verifiable relationship (and not one you just made up) then this a different situation.

Based upon your flip-flop, I don't know what to believe.

And you can insult me until the cow come home but there is no difference is a "little dishonesty" and someone like Obama. If you start a discussion with a lie, you are dishonest.

Priest my ass!

Rick

OK, After your sage advice I've decided to amend my strategy.

1)Call them, Tell them I'm with the lottery commission and only need a few signatures.
2)show up, push them into a huge WL policy.
3)MY buddy works at a viatical brokerage. sell the policy through him(spilt the commish of course).
4)Then take that lump sum and drop it into an annuity with a 20yr surrender period.

What d'ya think?

Seriously, your the one that needs to quit this business and become a priest old man. I'll be your boss one day. literally laughing out f$%king loud.

The only difference between this strategy and the one you posted originally is that this will land you in legal troubles slightly faster than the other.

Were you able to find out if any insurer offered a discount to some associations?
If so that would be a value proposition you could open with that would mean something to the person at the other end of the phone! I can see you are getting blasted hard on this forum for the bad script but believe me you will be better off heeding all the warnings.

:skeptical:

Discounts sound good, but are usually more sizzle than steak. Long run they are usually an ineffective marketing ploy.

Discounts sound good, but are usually more sizzle than steak. Long run they are usually an ineffective marketing ploy.
Have you ever offered them in the past? When you say ineffective, can you tell me what happens?

I thought that could be a good opener but if it backfires I would like to know why?

Most of the discounts are used because their product is overpriced. I see this in the Medigap market quite often with "household discounts".

OK, so take off the 5% and you are still paying more than with the plan I suggested that does not have a discount.

Buyers make similar assumptions about so-called "group" plans endorsed by (pick a name) association or warehouse club. In almost every situation they would have gotten a better deal through a qualified agent and much better advice.

If you know your product and your competition, using the discount pitch can work. But you can end up with egg on your face when your prospect has a quote from the same carrier at a lower price than your discounted offer.

Extremely deceptive. You can come up with a million other things to say but you have to start a relationship based on deception?

How about some ethics and hard work.

I now do 90% of my business face to face. I have formed a good friendship with the advisor that I bring out on my larger cases. I genuinely trust him, and he has yet to let me down, and he has given me a lot of direction. Association marketing is something that MoO has been doing for 20 plus years. Generally one agent does the leg work to set up the endorsement, and they are the go to guy for all of the assoc. members. however there are tons of "orphaned" associations. Where the advisor who set up the endorsement has retired or moved. As long as there is some relationship between your insurance company and the assoc. you mention, I don't see any ethical problem whatsoever. But I guess I'm alone on this one.

Don't worry about these self righteous, indignant &@sholes MOO, they spend their every waking moment on this forum looking to validate their existence. It's the equivalent of children using four letter words while online gaming. You keep doing what your doing and post whatever you want. Don't let them discourage you from doing so.

You could even say that your not a member or endorsed by the association but your programs and services have proven valuable to the members (or words to this effect). This takes you further from the grey area and may be effective as well. I like that your being creative and it probably gets some of the readers thinking, as it does me. We need more of your posts.

Back