Top 4 Companies by Applications that You Write

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just wondering where everyone's business is going. My 2 & 3 would probably be a tie.....got a lot of folks with severe issues in the last year or so.

1.SNL
2.Transamerica
2.Gerber
3.Family Benefit

Just wondering where everyone's business is going. My 2 & 3 would probably be a tie.....got a lot of folks with severe issues in the last year or so.

1.SNL
2.Transamerica
2.Gerber
3.Family Benefit

Right now my number 1 is KSKJ. By a country mile.

Number 2 is a tie, Trinity/FBL, RNA, AmCon, Equitable, Trans, SNL, Foresters.

All the number 2's are situational depending on why I couldn't place them with KSKJ.

JD is determined to be KSKJ's #1 agent in 2015. And he gave everyone an 8-month head start.

Right now my number 1 is KSKJ. By a country mile.

Number 2 is a tie, Trinity/FBL, RNA, AmCon, Equitable, Trans, SNL, Foresters.

All the number 2's are situational depending on why I couldn't place them with KSKJ.

I'm sitting here reading this wondering WTF? Don't they only offer 100% commission? For a couple dollars more, why aren't you writing your 'slightly' higher priced carriers that pay 20 points more in commission?

I know a lot of fex guys are writing the hell out of them, but damn that 20% or more really does start to add up....

1.SNL
2.Transamerica
2.Gerber
3.Family Benefit

Thats a good line up.

Last year my carriers were:
1. Oxford
2. Trans
3. SNL
4. Aetna

This year:
1. Foresters
2. Aetna
3. SNL
4. Trans

I also use a few niche carriers like SLAC, RNA, and UHL...on rare occasions. I eliminated/demoted the ones that cause me the most brain damage. I like my main carrier to have a reasonable telephone interview that gives a POS decision. I also like having a carrier that takes the fatties, crazies, and DE.

I've only started using Foresters recently, and the more I use them the more impressed I have been. Anybody else use Foresters regularly?

Last edited:
Last year my carriers were:
1. Oxford
2. Trans
3. SNL
4. Aetna

This year:
1. Foresters
2. Aetna
3. SNL
4. Trans

I also use a few niche carriers like SLAC, RNA, and UHL...on rare occasions. I eliminated/demoted the ones that cause me the most brain damage.

Looks like you are evolving nicely..except for the bold parts above :D

I'm sitting here reading this wondering WTF? Don't they only offer 100% commission? For a couple dollars more, why aren't you writing your 'slightly' higher priced carriers that pay 20 points more in commission?

I know a lot of fex guys are writing the hell out of them, but damn that 20% or more really does start to add up....

But those companies that pay more don't offer my clients the same value. And it's not a couple dollars more.

And, as I always say, I want to write companies that make my job easier, not harder. KSKJ offers my clients great rates with liberal underwriting, they answer the phone when I call, if they don't have an answer right then they will call back quickly with an answer, they will redate or make a draft change with a phone call, if I make an error on an app I can correct it and send in only that page without it generating an amendment, I could go on and on about their agent services but you get the point.

Do I wish they paid higher commissions? Yes. But I will trade the value to my clients and the ease of doing business for a few commission points everyday.

Looks like you are evolving nicely..except for the bold parts above :D

Wow, yeah I tried using Trans this year and they make you earn ever dime of your commission. I might get paid more from Trans compared to Aetna or SNL but if you count all the delays, driving to the clients house for signing amendments, and just the general headaches they caused me...it's not worth it anymore. I still use them for fatties, and crazies...they're great for that. I've also gotten a little ticked off at them for not notifying me about clients missing payments. I sometimes didn't know anything about it until it was lapsed. Not cool.

Wow, yeah I tried using Trans this year and they make you earn ever dime of your commission. I might get paid more from Trans compared to Aetna or SNL but if you count all the delays, driving to the clients house for signing amendments, and just the general headaches they caused me...it's not worth it anymore. I still use them for fatties, and crazies...they're great for that. I've also gotten a little ticked off at them for not notifying me about clients missing payments. I sometimes didn't know anything about it until it was lapsed. Not cool.

Yep, I just discovered some surprises the other day when I checked my back office:yes:

Back