Top 4 Companies by Applications that You Write

But those companies that pay more don't offer my clients the same value. And it's not a couple dollars more.

And, as I always say, I want to write companies that make my job easier, not harder. KSKJ offers my clients great rates with liberal underwriting, they answer the phone when I call, if they don't have an answer right then they will call back quickly with an answer, they will redate or make a draft change with a phone call, if I make an error on an app I can correct it and send in only that page without it generating an amendment, I could go on and on about their agent services but you get the point.

Do I wish they paid higher commissions? Yes. But I will trade the value to my clients and the ease of doing business for a few commission points everyday.

Its not even a 100 points considering they don't pay on the policy fee.

Trans is always in my top three. And I try to focus on the good stuff about them and put up with the bad. But yesterday was an example of how bad they can be.

Had a highly emotional lady call me yesterday that I wrote a 10-pay Monumental policy on 7-years ago. She is only 44 years old but on disability and very, very low income. Has has always focused on getting this policy paid in full.

She recently got behind and lapsed her policy. She is well aware that she only has three years to go so starting over with a lower lifetime payment is not an option she wants to consider. She needs to pay $360 to reinstate the policy. But she also has to answer their health questions including height-weight which she is off the charts. MonLife didn't have height-weight questions at any age when she bought the policy but now Trans does and is throwing that at her as an additional obstacle.

But the worst part is, she has $820 cash value in the policy. She can't come up with the $360 to reinstate and they won't let her access her $820 cash that's sitting in the policy until after she reinstates. It defaulted to extended term.

It took us a LOT of time and press this press that with no options to get a human being on the phone only to get dead end departments until we finally got the human that explained what she could do. This "valued" customer was pleading that she didn't want to lose her coverage and Can you please help me? She may as well have been speaking to an avatar.

I'm pretty sure if this same situation had happened with KSKJ, SNL, Settlers, or any of the smaller companies that have actual humans you can talk to that have it within their ability to help their customers, she would have gotten a much better result. Customer service is valuable. The companies that get too large and the decision makers are too shielded from the public are very cold. Definitely weighs in my decision on company selection.

Trans is always in my top three. And I try to focus on the good stuff about them and put up with the bad. But yesterday was an example of how bad they can be.

Had a highly emotional lady call me yesterday that I wrote a 10-pay Monumental policy on 7-years ago. She is only 44 years old but on disability and very, very low income. Has has always focused on getting this policy paid in full.

She recently got behind and lapsed her policy. She is well aware that she only has three years to go so starting over with a lower lifetime payment is not an option she wants to consider. She needs to pay $360 to reinstate the policy. But she also has to answer their health questions including height-weight which she is off the charts. MonLife didn't have height-weight questions at any age when she bought the policy but now Trans does and is throwing that at her as an additional obstacle.

But the worst part is, she has $820 cash value in the policy. She can't come up with the $360 to reinstate and they won't let her access her $820 cash that's sitting in the policy until after she reinstates. It defaulted to extended term.

It took us a LOT of time and press this press that with no options to get a human being on the phone only to get dead end departments until we finally got the human that explained what she could do. This "valued" customer was pleading that she didn't want to lose her coverage and Can you please help me? She may as well have been speaking to an avatar.

I'm pretty sure if this same situation had happened with KSKJ, SNL, Settlers, or any of the smaller companies that have actual humans you can talk to that have it within their ability to help their customers, she would have gotten a much better result. Customer service is valuable. The companies that get too large and the decision makers are too shielded from the public are very cold. Definitely weighs in my decision on company selection.

Other companies probably would have handled it differently but settlers ain't one of them. They would have been worse. I'm helping some settlers policy holders deal with a similar situation right now and they are giving them the same runaround.

Other companies probably would have handled it differently but settlers ain't one of them. They would have been worse. I'm helping some settlers policy holders deal with a similar situation right now and they are giving them the same runaround.

Settlers has always been one of the most helpful companies in situations like this. In fact redates used to just be a feature that was a given with them. It was right in their agent manual. You let me know if they don't fix it. Plus a bet you got where you needed to be WAY faster than I did with Trans.

Settlers has always been one of the most helpful companies in situations like this. In fact redates used to just be a feature that was a given with them. It was right in their agent manual. You let me know if they don't fix it. Plus a bet you got where you needed to be WAY faster than I did with Trans.

Settlers has always been far to deal with than Trans for me. I've had two cases where you even got involved and they still didn't fix the problem.

But I have absolutely no problems with settlers now.

Settlers has always been far to deal with than Trans for me. I've had two cases where you even got involved and they still didn't fix the problem.

But I have absolutely no problems with settlers now.

And I'll bet I know why you don't have problems with Settlers any more. :laugh:

Sounds like you had a lot of problems to get this fixed. Who's your upline? :biggrin:

Could she get a pay day loan and then pay them back out of her CV after reinstatement? Or maybe pawn something? I hate to think of a client having to do these things, but in this case would be better than the alternative.

Does TA not have APL? Also seems that had she called you ahead of time a policy loan to pay a premium would have eliminated a problem before it became a problem.

>>""Customer service is valuable. The companies that get too large and the decision makers are too shielded from the public are very cold. Definitely weighs in my decision on company selection.""

That and that.

----------

Sounds like you had a lot of problems to get this fixed. Who's your upline? :biggrin:

Travis. :laugh:

Back