Trial Close Questions

The main problem I see with the take away close is setting the draft out 30 days. Most of these people don't leave money in the account. You have to get it as soon as they get it. So even getting the deal done, you have a less interested person and a bad draft date.

Am I missing something here? I thought a trial close was a statement/question early on in the presentation to see if a client is truly interested or just trying to pump you for information.

I only use it when I think they just want info, which leads to the "I need to think about its."

After I explain that the draft won't come out until the next 3rd (or whenever they get their money) I'll say something to this effect: "Now if we can find something that fits into your budget and makes sense to you, is this something you're interested in moving forward on TODAY?"

The main problem I see with the take away close is setting the draft out 30 days. Most of these people don't leave money in the account. You have to get it as soon as they get it. So even getting the deal done, you have a less interested person and a bad draft date.

Not in my experience. With many of them it's just a stall tactic. They are more comfortable slowing down and procrastinating longer. If you can get around that they are as solid as any.

If you don't at least attempt it you are setting their default (if they don't proactively call you) to no sale. But if this "weak" close gets them past the hump and they apply you are setting their default (if they don't proactively cancel) to a sale. I want to make the sale happen easier for them than no sale.

I'm not going to leave a house without an app that I could have gotten an app from simply because the close is considered "weak" buy other agents. If you are doing things right, you shouldn't need this very often but if the 30-day free look is what it takes, I'm getting it done. But I'm solidifying everything. POS interview with approval. I take a voided check every time (even if the company doesn't require it). If I think a sale is weak, I'll go for an actual 1st premium check to lock it in further and have gotten that many times.

The "think about it" close is just another tool to try if all else is failing. And I honestly don't remember any of those ever canceling at the delivery.

Not in my experience. With many of them it's just a stall tactic. They are more comfortable slowing down and procrastinating longer. If you can get around that they are as solid as any.

If you don't at least attempt it you are setting their default (if they don't proactively call you) to no sale. But if this "weak" close gets them past the hump and they apply you are setting their default (if they don't proactively cancel) to a sale. I want to make the sale happen easier for them than no sale.

I'm not going to leave a house without an app that I could have gotten an app from simply because the close is considered "weak" buy other agents. If you are doing things right, you shouldn't need this very often but if the 30-day free look is what it takes, I'm getting it done. But I'm solidifying everything. POS interview with approval. I take a voided check every time (even if the company doesn't require it). If I think a sale is weak, I'll go for an actual 1st premium check to lock it in further and have gotten that many times.

The "think about it" close is just another tool to try if all else is failing. And I honestly don't remember any of those ever canceling at the delivery.

I really think we are talking about two different things. What you explained is not a take away close. You're actually selling it. The people I've seen use the take away close, use it on people that is not going to give them the first months payment.

I really think we are talking about two different things. What you explained is not a take away close. You're actually selling it. The people I've seen use the take away close, use it on people that is not going to give them the first months payment.

Yes, I was talking about a different thing. I need to quit speed reading

Yes, I was talking about a different thing. I need to quit speed reading

You are talking about something completely different than the think about it close too.

It ain't a think about it if you get the phone interview done.

----------

When trail closing always use statements like wouldn't you agree,couldn't we, etc. when you get the I want to think about it objection, say that's wonderful I've given you something to think about. Now let me ask you a question Mrs Jones, putting the investment aside (never use the word money) do you feel comfortable doing business with me, good, I've given you enough information, explained the benefits, qualified you for all the discounts, so if I were to pay for this policy we could go ahead and get your signature and take care of this while I'm here? (never use the word today) it's not what you say but how you say it. (Of course), well you know I can't do that, (chuckling), I'm sure if you're investment was more affordable, though, we could move forward, couldn't we? Proceed to show them a lower plan, they can always get more at a later date, and walk out with something. Don't always be trying to hit the homerun.

I never say the word discounts to them in regards to the life insurance. It's simply not true that there are discounts.

I hate the TM leads that tell people there are discounts for having a bank account or for not smoking.

It may be semantics? But I don't like it.

You are talking about something completely different than the think about it close too. It ain't a think about it if you get the phone interview done. ---------- I never say the word discounts to them in regards to the life insurance. It's simply not true that there are discounts. I hate the TM leads that tell people there are discounts for having a bank account or for not smoking. It may be semantics? But I don't like it.

I'm using the think about to get past the stall objection. I don't understand where else it would be used.

I need to quit speed reading
Listening skills are in short supply also...

Popped into a Wendy's to get a sandwich at noon time yesterday. Two older ladies in line in front of me. Overheard the following:

Wendy's counterkid; "Hi, welcome to Wendy's. Would you like to try our new cod sandwich?"

Olderwoman #2; "What kind of fish does it have?"

Back