Trial Close Questions

Listening skills are in short supply also...

Popped into a Wendy's to get a sandwich at noon time yesterday. Two older ladies in line in front of me. Overheard the following:

Wendy's counterkid; "Hi, welcome to Wendy's. Would you like to try our new cod sandwich?"

Olderwoman #2; "What kind of fish does it have?"

After I picked my wife up at work yesterday afternoon we decided to grab a bite since we were in town.

Went to our favorite chinese restaurant but it was closed due to the weather. So we went to Silver Star, used to be BackYard Burgers. I ordered the cajun chicken sandwich without slaw. The lady repeated the order to me, "without slaw".

When they brought the sandwich it had slaw on it. I told them it wasn't supposed to have slaw. The lady said, "oh, I didn't hear you say that".:goofy:

I'm closing around 75% of my sits. I'll attempt 3 closes with each one intensifying the close . As I've said before I'm not coming back so on many of the 25% they might not like me when I leave as my 3rd close is very high pressured. I figure im not coming back so I'm throwing the kitchen sink at them. Some might call me arrogant but I'm extremely confident of my skills and fully expect to close every sit. If I have to bring tears to either the husband are wife I'll do that also. Phrases such as "Peggy I want to know your feelings of sam not wanting to protect his family"SAMs sitting right here so please tell him.Are another phrase I use after the close is I shake there hand and say "you've now taken a life changing decision to protect your family and I congratulate them and reiterate I'm your agent for life"I Also tell them they have an obligation to keep this coverage in force as " Do you want your son to find this policy and call me telling me his momma died and they need the money to bury you. Then I have to say "Unfortunately your momma never paid her premiums and there's no coverage"I just can't bear to see tears running down johnnys face" PLEASE DONT MAKE YOUR FAMILY ARE ME GO THREW THAT.Its like talking to a child

We're tired of the Siberian Arctic cold blast we're getting.

Bet his power is still off, too...

No.. power back on... Daughter's still off.. She, her husband, daughter and his mother have been staying with us.. Also had two other grand kids until last night.

As far as being cantankerous.. Not trying to be.. But there is one full time FE agent that says the "think about it close" is not effective and another that says it is. However, i don't see using it in the FE market would differ from using it in other life markets other than the way it is used in other markets is as a "COD app" with no money collected or real commitment on the insured's part.

I would think it would work a little better in the FE market. At least in the FE market they have made a bit of commitment by sitting through the POS and signing the draft form.

Back