Turning 65 List

I have been in the Insurance Business as a captive agent for a year. I recently left the company I was working for to venture out on my own. I am looking for a great tool I used for prospecting. It was a turning 65 list loaded into my Garmin GPS System. Does anyone know where to get the turning 65 lists in POI ( point of interest ) format for a Garmin?

What format would your Garmin want?

I sell them with the carrier routes and a few others. If you have any samples of what you're talking about you can send it to [email protected] and I can see if I can match it.

Thanks Josh, I will email you tomorrow with the files.

Josh will take good care of you.

Are you planning on door knocking as opposed to calling first? I believe you will have much better success door knocking T65 than you will cold calling them.

I cold call 67 to 78 with a great deal of success, much more so than I do cold calling T65.

When you door knock, what kind of script or survey are you using?

I didn't use a "script" or a gimmick like taking a survey. I simply offered to help them understand Medicare and how it worked.

I believe in being up front with them and not trying to deceive them. They knew I was an insurance agent.

Usually they thanked me for explaining it so they could understand it and said I was the only agent they had talked to who actually did that. Yes, they bought a policy, no not all but most did.

Josh will take good care of you.

Are you planning on door knocking as opposed to calling first? I believe you will have much better success door knocking T65 than you will cold calling them.

I cold call 67 to 78 with a great deal of success, much more so than I do cold calling T65.

Frank, out of 100 cold calls (not door knocking), how many have adv. plans and how many supplements? I know you'll get a few that might be leaving an emp. & even less just on A & B, but I'm assuming you're going after the supplement change... Can you PM what you're saying on the phone?

GD

I didn't use a "script" or a gimmick like taking a survey. I simply offered to help them understand Medicare and how it worked.

I believe in being up front with them and not trying to deceive them. They knew I was an insurance agent.

Usually they thanked me for explaining it so they could understand it and said I was the only agent they had talked to who actually did that. Yes, they bought a policy, no not all but most did.

Ok, thanks. That helps a lot.

Frank, out of 100 cold calls (not door knocking), how many have adv. plans and how many supplements? I know you'll get a few that might be leaving an emp. & even less just on A & B, but I'm assuming you're going after the supplement change... Can you PM what you're saying on the phone?

GD

An agent can dramatically reduce the number of people who have MA plans by calling rural areas as opposed to metro areas. I started selling Med Supps in 1993, long before MA plans, I have always found Med Supps to be a much easier sale in rural areas.

My phone presentation is a part of the training I offer. It is much more than a "script". Using the phone is a learned well practiced art. It involves learning how to maintain control of the call and how to transition the call to a conversation.

Nothing is sold during the phone call. That includes the appointment.

Back