UHC Changes to Commission Payments

Uh yeah guys, just got paid on a T65 November, HMO with UHC. $450. So they aren't pro-rating me

Exactly, and it isn't the UHC products..at least not for me. The AARP Med Complete pays normally.

It's the CIP (Care Improvement Plus) that are all screwed up.

They decided it would be a great idea to integrate the payment systems right at AEP.

It's as if these people have never been in the field (they haven't). Pure brilliance. Sometimes it amazes me how these people get the jobs they do.

Dear ,

Thank you for your patience with your commission request. I am closing the request for commission on members Margie and Scott as CMS regulations state that initial year True Up compensation must be paid months on plan when a beneficiary changes plans and was enrolled in a previous plan. For the initial year True up payment in question, the member was in a prior PDP plans so we must pay months on the current plan.

Should you have additional information to add to this request, please refer to the Service Request number when you contact us. Thank you for your continued partnership with UnitedHealthcare.

Sincerely,
John Lopez
Finance-Commissions
UnitedHealthcare
888-381-8581
Sales Support email: [email protected]
Sales Support fax: 714-825-5309
Pre-Enrollment Support email:[email protected]
Pre-Enrollment Support fax: 866-802-6062

PHD

Sigh. It's truly unbelievable.

Sigh. It's truly unbelievable.

I got the exact same Effing email, only difference was the clients name.

What a disappointment. I always held them in high esteem.

UHC must be losing their arses this year. They took it hard on the ACA stuff so I've heard. And they have taken a beating on the MA stuff, again this is just what ive heard from people who I believe know what they're talking about.

Anyhow, they should have just told us before they did it. But I'm sure they figured they could capture a few more sales before we got upset and quit writing them as much.

I told the regional manager about it a couple weeks ago at lunch, and she just acted real casual and said I think they sent out an email... Oh well, I'm not upset w her, it's not her fault. I'm lucky i didn't have as much to lose as some of you others agents out there. I feel bad for y'all.

I guess I'll liken it to a charge back on FE biz.

I got the exact same Effing email, only difference was the clients name.

What a disappointment. I always held them in high esteem.

UHC must be losing their arses this year. They took it hard on the ACA stuff so I've heard. And they have taken a beating on the MA stuff, again this is just what ive heard from people who I believe know what they're talking about.

Anyhow, they should have just told us before they did it. But I'm sure they figured they could capture a few more sales before we got upset and quit writing them as much.

I told the regional manager about it a couple weeks ago at lunch, and she just acted real casual and said I think they sent out an email... Oh well, I'm not upset w her, it's not her fault. I'm lucky i didn't have as much to lose as some of you others agents out there. I feel bad for y'all.

I guess I'll liken it to a charge back on FE biz.

Yeah, but this isn't accurate or correct. Nobody got any communication whatsoever. It's wrong and will be fixed, eventually..but heads will roll.

This guy, John Lopez is in the commissions department and doesn't even understand how commissions work.

I mean, they just paid me on AARP True Up's last week. Lol.

It's like they have people working there that they just found on the street or went recruiting at McDonalds.

Yeah, but this isn't accurate or correct. Nobody got any communication whatsoever. It's wrong and will be fixed, eventually..but heads will roll.

This guy, John Lopez is in the commissions department and doesn't even understand how commissions work.

I mean, they just paid me on AARP True Up's last week. Lol.

It's like they have people working there that they just found on the street or went recruiting at McDonalds.

My letter came from somebody else in that department. Id be willing to bet that somebody in their legal department drafted the letter.

It's too bad we dont have an independent agents union, so we could pull together and get some resolution. I wonder what it would take to make something like that happen, surely theirs some veteran agents out there with enough time and money to do it. Until then, I guess we just keep poking and prodding at UHC and take what they give us. :mad:

My letter came from somebody else in that department. Id be willing to bet that somebody in their legal department drafted the letter.

It's too bad we dont have an independent agents union, so we could pull together and get some resolution. I wonder what it would take to make something like that happen, surely theirs some veteran agents out there with enough time and money to do it. Until then, I guess we just keep poking and prodding at UHC and take what they give us. :mad:

I have it as high as Mark Phillips, the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.

I cannot stress enough the hardships this has created for our agents. Real people are being hurt by this.

One agent they owe $17k. Another, $8k. Another $12k. They owe our agency close to $14k in overrides.

Our agent managers don't even seem to care and I hope they are replaced next year. They should be, without question.

Last edited:
I have it as high as Mark Phillips, the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.

I cannot stress enough the hardships this has created for our agents. Real people are people hurt by this.

One agent they owe $17k. Another, $8k. Another $12k. They owe our agency close to $14k in overrides.

Our agent managers don't even seem to care and I hope they are replaced next year. They should be, without question.

That's terrible. Those kind of experiences are what cause great agents to walk away from this industry and never look back.

I really hope UHC does their part and makes good on their debt (too bad we cant put a reverse vector on them). The path they have chosen is to lean on CMS "rules" to bail them out of this pickle. Mark Phillips can choose to pay agents and keep them in good standing with his company, or he can make an excuse and decide to keep it. He'll just have to weigh the short and long term consequences.

That's terrible. Those kind of experiences are what cause great agents to walk away from this industry and never look back.

I really hope UHC does their part and makes good on their debt (too bad we cant put a reverse vector on them). The path they have chosen is to lean on CMS "rules" to bail them out of this pickle. Mark Phillips can choose to pay agents and keep them in good standing with his company, or he can make an excuse and decide to keep it. He'll just have to weigh the short and long term consequences.

Well, if they don't pay then legal action will be taken. After this year we are moving our focus to primarily supps, life and annuities.

I'm finished with the MA arena and the continuous issues..it's neverending.

Let me see if I can think of a way to fix this?

OK

Think I got it.

Stop dancing with the debil!!

Figured this out all by myself years ago. Had one agency told me how proud they were that they were one of the top five producing FMO for UHC. I did not say a thing to them but just felt VERY sorry for them.

Let me see if I can think of a way to fix this?

OK

Think I got it.

Stop dancing with the debil!!

Figured this out all by myself years ago. Had one agency told me how proud they were that they were one of the top five producing FMO for UHC. I did not say a thing to them but just felt VERY sorry for them.

So on here everyone is the devil. I'm still not even sure if I see what the exact issue is to tell you the truth. Just write business and you'll be fine.

Back