UHC Changes to Commission Payments

Just got a charge back for someone that I wrote in November of 2014 that was a full initial commission my chargebacks for this one person equal 595. United healthcare needs to get with the program. That makes no sense. I changed their plan to another plan last month and this is ridiculous. I've been getting renewals on this person for almost a year now and I shouldn't have even gotten a chargeback. I should just have not gotten my renewal for them for the next two months. I'm tired of having to tell these ppl how to pay me according to Cms. They are idiots

Call them asap. They gave me 30 chargebacks two months ago and all the customers are STILL MY CUSTOMERS, they apologized and said it was a mistake, escalated it and I received it all back last month LOL.

The same letter someone posted earlier in this thread from UHC about the CMS letter dated Oct 30th on the "official" commission change, was just sent to me by another Medicare carrier here in Cal, Scan.

So I guess, it's legit... And from CMS, I guess!

Just talked to CMS.

They say when UHC was integrating systems they somehow found some loophole in the regulations which allow companies to pay prorated, even on initial.

So, the Marketing Guidelines we have aren't actually accurate..but the regulations are. Lol

We are moving forward. Won't be paid for years, but when it's done in the courts, we will.

This is exactly what happens when the government get's their hands involved and companies with lobbyists join forces.

I am done with MA.

----------

Here is the direct number to the CMS office in Baltimore that is in charge of compensation.

410-786-2987

She said she was sending me the ORIGINAL regulations and the updated marketing guidelines. Advised UHC "found" this while integrating the systems.

She said UHC had the ability to pay us correctly until the correction was made October 30th.

Call this number all day long. UHC, what a stand up group of people. Lies and lies and lies from the top down.

Just talked to CMS. They say when UHC was integrating systems they somehow found some loophole in the regulations which allow companies to pay prorated, even on initial. So, the Marketing Guidelines we have aren't actually accurate..but the regulations are. Lol We are moving forward. Won't be paid for years, but when it's done in the courts, we will. This is exactly what happens when the government get's their hands involved and companies with lobbyists join forces. I am done with MA. ---------- Here is the direct number to the CMS office in Baltimore that is in charge of compensation. 410-786-2987 She said she was sending me the ORIGINAL regulations and the updated marketing guidelines. Advised UHC "found" this while integrating the systems. She said UHC had the ability to pay us correctly until the correction was made October 30th. Call this number all day long. UHC, what a stand up group of people. Lies
and lies and lies from the top down.

How long had you been working MAPD market/is your book big enough to just service for referrals and just add during AEP?

How long had you been working MAPD market/is your book big enough to just service for referrals and just add during AEP?

It certainly is and that is all we are going to do, is write AEP. I will say though, it won't be with UHC.

I spoke with the Coventry Regional Manager today in my office and he said the wording UHC sent out isn't at all what CMS sent out..and that they will continue to pay the way they always have. They are investigating the origin of the memo and who was behind it. Word is it came from a CMS office where the guy who created this used to work for UHC..

Did u guys receive another email from UHC today regarding this topic? Its good news for any unlike plan changes you have done in the last quarter of this year, but still wont be paid FYC going forward starting in Jan 2016. Check it out....

CMS permits commission processing changes to be effective no later than January 1

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an email on Friday, November 20, clarifying that although they expect plans to implement a commission process to conform to their October 30 memo regarding unlike plan changes and the implementation of a pro-rated commission amount, they granted plans latitude to implement by January 1, 2016. Please see the original email regarding the October CMS guidance for reference. Based on this latest email, UnitedHealthcare has decided that we will be implementing the required changes as of January 1, 2016.

If you received pro-rata initial commission payment related to an unlike plan change (e.g., MA or MAPD to PDP) with an effective date in October, November or December 2015, you will see an adjustment paying a full commission amount related to the unlike plan change on your commission statement by Friday, December 4. Furthermore, we will also be paying full amount commission for unlike plan changes with an effective date of December 1, 2015. UnitedHealthcare will be modifying the implementation date regarding pro-rata commission payments for unlike plan changes to be January 1, 2016.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on some of the earlier post in this thread about not receiving a lot of comm based on this rule change.....you're going to get it all back by Dec 4th.

Did u guys receive another email from UHC today regarding this topic? Its good news for any unlike plan changes you have done in the last quarter of this year, but still wont be paid FYC going forward starting in Jan 2016. Check it out....

CMS permits commission processing changes to be effective no later than January 1

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an email on Friday, November 20, clarifying that although they expect plans to implement a commission process to conform to their October 30 memo regarding unlike plan changes and the implementation of a pro-rated commission amount, they granted plans latitude to implement by January 1, 2016. Please see the original email regarding the October CMS guidance for reference. Based on this latest email, UnitedHealthcare has decided that we will be implementing the required changes as of January 1, 2016.

If you received pro-rata initial commission payment related to an unlike plan change (e.g., MA or MAPD to PDP) with an effective date in October, November or December 2015, you will see an adjustment paying a full commission amount related to the unlike plan change on your commission statement by Friday, December 4. Furthermore, we will also be paying full amount commission for unlike plan changes with an effective date of December 1, 2015. UnitedHealthcare will be modifying the implementation date regarding pro-rata commission payments for unlike plan changes to be January 1, 2016.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on some of the earlier post in this thread about not receiving a lot of comm based on this rule change.....you're going to get it all back by Dec 4th.

Yep. That's what a demand letter from Bryan Cave will do.

No sorries. No apology. I'm still not writing their products again.

----------

So what cms is saying is that they gave companies the ability to pay and UHC deviced not to..and didn't notify anyone. A violation of their contract. They would have not a leg to stand on.

Back