UHC, They Are Releasing the News Monday....possibly Today

View as a webpage

Whatever pending United business you have should be submitted by Sunday, Nov. 15th to receive the 2016 current commission rate.

There is NO CHANGE to Off Exchange Individual Health Plans and will remain at the 2016 current commission level.

How does an Agency know these items for a fact? Are they the official horse's mouth for UHC?

Here's an email one of my downlines has sent me. 2 of my other downlines have also contacted other FMO's and heard the same info. GoHealth is one of their top 5 FMO's, and here's the email they sent today. I've heard 2% with no residual.

GoHealth VMO has posted a new item, 'UnitedHealthCare Commission Announcement!'

Although an official announcement has not been made by the carrier, Mike Owens has spoken with senior members of United’s staff and have confirmed the following:

UnitedHealthCare (not UnitedHealthOne)* is making significant, sweeping and drastic commission reductions for On-Exchange sales in all states. Off-Exchange, Short Term and Ancillary plans are unaffected.

Also, advance commissions will not be paid for On-Exchange business for submission dates of coverage at some date certain; that date is not known at this time (although that date is likely to be Monday, November 16th, 2015.)

GoHealth will be announcing updated commission schedules early next week once we have the commission information; we do not presently have the new commission rates.

*The distinction between UnitedHealthCare and UnitedHealthOne in the context of this message is that for On-Exchange business, the brand is UnitedHealthCare.

Please contact your VMO Manager with any questions.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.gohealthvmo.com/carrier_news/unitedhealthcare-commission-announcement/

Best regards,

GoHealth VMO

You are receiving this email as a user of the GoHealth VMO Newsletter. To customize your email notifications or to unsubscribe, click here.

Here's an email one of my downlines has sent me. 2 of my other downlines have also contacted other FMO's and heard the same info. GoHealth is one of their top 5 FMO's, and here's the email they sent today. I've heard 2% with no residual.

GoHealth VMO has posted a new item, 'UnitedHealthCare Commission Announcement!'

Although an official announcement has not been made by the carrier, Mike Owens has spoken with senior members of United’s staff and have confirmed the following:

UnitedHealthCare (not UnitedHealthOne)* is making significant, sweeping and drastic commission reductions for On-Exchange sales in all states. Off-Exchange, Short Term and Ancillary plans are unaffected.

Also, advance commissions will not be paid for On-Exchange business for submission dates of coverage at some date certain; that date is not known at this time (although that date is likely to be Monday, November 16th, 2015.)

GoHealth will be announcing updated commission schedules early next week once we have the commission information; we do not presently have the new commission rates.

*The distinction between UnitedHealthCare and UnitedHealthOne in the context of this message is that for On-Exchange business, the brand is UnitedHealthCare.

Please contact your VMO Manager with any questions.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.gohealthvmo.com/carrier_news/unitedhealthcare-commission-announcement/

Best regards,

GoHealth VMO

You are receiving this email as a user of the GoHealth VMO Newsletter. To customize your email notifications or to unsubscribe, click here.

Why did they wait to do this now right in the middle of OE? That's gonna kill their sales forecast (unless they're seeing strong numbers on the direct sales side and from broker-less apps from HC.gov.)

UHC was actually one of the only carriers that didn't reduce their comp significantly in my market.

Rand Paul for President...

----------

Well, when they post it again and if the percentages are drastically reduced, send them all the highest medical utilization consumers. Drive UHC out of the IFP market, and out of our hair, totally.

I usually say that about HealthNet

Rand Paul for President...
I usually say that about HealthNet

Today, I had a 64.5 year old client ask me for advice on obtaining a UHC Medicare Part-D today for her and her hubby. I advised them to steer clear of United Healthcare because, "the company is unstable and making rash decisions, with little to no advance notice. Don't risk it with your prescription coverage Ms. Barnes!"

Agents can demonstrate our influence on both fronts. Steer away the profitable business, while steering those with chronic illnesses directly to UHC, enrolled in the lowest Out-of-Pocket plan they can afford.

I have heard the same news, from trusted sources.

It's funny that they say it won't affect their STM or Ancillary lines! Are they kidding? What do they think happens when they lose agents' trust? It certainly will affect Ancillary, and STM, as well as Medicare, Prescription Drug, and all of those Group sales from Small Group to Large. I have a Large Group case thinking of buying a plan in the big UHC ACEC Trust that is asking me right now about quality issues like this! Trust is a big thing, especially with insurance. Offering a contract, then pulling out on your end of the deal right when the other party needs it the most is EXACTLY the kind of thing we are trying to protect our clients from. I can't imagine what this will do to the reputation of the entire United Healthcare line!

I just got news in SC that the UH commission is going to 0% in SC - you know what happened next when Assurant did that......Announced maybe Monday ...................................:no:

Today, I had a 64.5 year old client ask me for advice on obtaining a UHC Medicare Part-D today for her and her hubby. I advised them to steer clear of United Healthcare because, "the company is unstable and making rash decisions, with little to no advance notice. Don't risk it with your prescription coverage Ms. Barnes!"

Agents can demonstrate our influence on both fronts. Steer away the profitable business, while steering those with chronic illnesses directly to UHC, enrolled in the lowest Out-of-Pocket plan they can afford.

Haha that will be my new motto. They cost me some serious advertising money over the last 6 weeks. Now I go on a mission to find cancer patients to pay them back.

----------

Why did they wait to do this now right in the middle of OE? That's gonna kill their sales forecast (unless they're seeing strong numbers on the direct sales side and from broker-less apps from HC.gov.)

UHC was actually one of the only carriers that didn't reduce their comp significantly in my market.

I m thinking the reimbursement rates are scary for them, and claims are just adding up. Wait until they smoke others in premium, and get almost all of the sick people. Single payor, 3 yrs before I thought it would happen. Can't wait for their next phone call about getting the group to sell more of the dental product and stm.

Latest posts

Back