What am I doing wrong to be constantly no-showed?

Nicolacrayola

Expert
PLEASE help me avoid burning my new fresh ones:) I’m a new agent working with social insurance Facebook leads. I have tried both knocking and appointment setting by phone. Most of the leads I’ve worked with were 1-5 months old- I was temporarily hired as my upline’s appointment setter (till he switched to 90% mortgage protection) prior to starting myself and he had me start with his binder of old leads for practice and he bought one fresh batch for me to work with while doing it for him as well. When I first started myself he gave me 20 partially called ones he hadn’t gotten a chance to fully work and paid for my first fresh order of 30 which were terribly delayed so I started knocking the huge binder of old ones he’d let me keep that I either hadn’t gotten to ever pick up or hadn’t been able to set. My no show rate is more than 50% whether I set the appointment by phone or at the door, and my upline actually told me the no show rate was rather high when I set for him despite me using the same script he did. At the time I thought it was the age of the lead and that they’d already been called 10+ times by him (and sometimes even previously set with him and canceled or no showed) but I had the same issue with the 20 lightly worked ones he gave me. Of course I try to get in the door at the time if I can but if I set an appt by they can’t do it right than they’re hardly ever there when the time comes even if it’s the next day. I’m finally starting to get my first totally uncalled fresh ones in and couldn’t get more than 2 out of the 12 I have so far to pick up so I’m going to knock them all today along with more old ones in that area. What should I do differently so as not to waste them? When they come to the door when knocking I remind them of what they filled out and tell them dispatched out to deliver the ‘new final expense information they requested on Facebook. WHAT is going on here? Upline says I’m not stern enough with them but if I get overly stern they don’t set at all

Number one thing is record yourself setting appointments and send the recording to your Upline/trainer for guidance.

But some Facebook leads are terrible quality. And it sounds like you guys are trying to generate leads cheaply. That’s why you are working recycled leads and Facebook leads. It’s likely you not getting good training and guidance AND really bad leads.

Go back and edit your post if you can

Break it up into paragraphs if you want someone to read it.

If you are getting no shows, one legs, etc it is because you are not QUALIFYING and CEMENTING the "lead".

Make it clear WHY you are coming to see them. This is NOT a social visit. You are there because THEY requested information on . . . .

Let them know you will ANSWER their questions and suggest a SOLUTION to their problem that fits their NEEDS and BUDGET

If meeting with a couple, get a commitment from BOTH when setting the appointment.

When I worked F2F leads I confirmed them TWICE. Once the day before. Again about an hour before the appointment time.

If you treat this like a business you will have fewer no shows and more sales.

If you treat it like a social call you need to find another way to earn a living.

PLEASE help me

You keep coming here asking for answers and help yet you then disappear and you show no interest, interaction, or follow through with the suggestions you get. If you approach "real" life with your upline/trainer as you do your "internet" life here at the forum, then that will likely explain much of your difficulty.

If you are door knocking, then your goal is to get in right then and there. It is NOT to set an appointment for later. I will set an appointment for later on a small percentage of door knocks if the prospect convinces me that it really is not a good time. And I button that appointment down right there and or else I just crumble the lead up, hand it to the prospect, tell them they are off our list, and to please throw it away for me.

If your upline is telling you to door knock to set appointments, then you need a new trainer.

The age of the lead should not matter. However, if it was a very low quality, generic Facebook lead, then you will only close maybe 10% of them for a sit, and maybe 1/3 of those will sell.

Good quality FB leads, on the other hand, have a shelf life much more like direct mail. I use calendarleads.com ... I'm closing about 36% of my leads for sales. I've been doing this for a little while now, but I would expect a brand new agent to be able to close 20% or more of these leads.

I'm one of the best in the business on the phone and i still get stood up a lot . FE clients don't care . They forget when you hang the phone up. I door knock every lead 2-3 times in the first week. If i can't get hold of them i call them to death in week 2 and door knock. I'm calling all day in between door knocks . By week 3 if i can't get hold of them i give to appt setter to bang hard. If still nothing i'll sporadically door knock over the coming weeks at night.As door knocker says get in the house right then and there period . If you can't get hold of them door knock at night from 5-8 and sat's. Unless you approach this job as you can't fail you won't succeed.Your looking for a crutch. Nobody can help you but yourself

Listen to both Newby and Somarco, they are very smart and have loads of experience and knowledge. In other words, pay more for more interested prospects or dig down more with the ones you got. Remember "IRM" (Interest, Respect, Money).
If one of those three things is missing, you ain't selling anything!:nah:

Bingo you here guys working BS leads all the time that are deceitful and bragging how there going x amount of premium. In the end you waste so much time. There must be an interest. Just like when you sell med supps. Theres an interest and want.

PLEASE help me avoid burning my new fresh ones:) I’m a new agent working with social insurance Facebook leads. I have tried both knocking and appointment setting by phone. Most of the leads I’ve worked with were 1-5 months old- I was temporarily hired as my upline’s appointment setter (till he switched to 90% mortgage protection) prior to starting myself and he had me start with his binder of old leads for practice and he bought one fresh batch for me to work with while doing it for him as well. When I first started myself he gave me 20 partially called ones he hadn’t gotten a chance to fully work and paid for my first fresh order of 30 which were terribly delayed so I started knocking the huge binder of old ones he’d let me keep that I either hadn’t gotten to ever pick up or hadn’t been able to set. My no show rate is more than 50% whether I set the appointment by phone or at the door, and my upline actually told me the no show rate was rather high when I set for him despite me using the same script he did. At the time I thought it was the age of the lead and that they’d already been called 10+ times by him (and sometimes even previously set with him and canceled or no showed) but I had the same issue with the 20 lightly worked ones he gave me. Of course I try to get in the door at the time if I can but if I set an appt by they can’t do it right than they’re hardly ever there when the time comes even if it’s the next day. I’m finally starting to get my first totally uncalled fresh ones in and couldn’t get more than 2 out of the 12 I have so far to pick up so I’m going to knock them all today along with more old ones in that area. What should I do differently so as not to waste them? When they come to the door when knocking I remind them of what they filled out and tell them dispatched out to deliver the ‘new final expense information they requested on Facebook. WHAT is going on here? Upline says I’m not stern enough with them but if I get overly stern they don’t set at all
Maybe you're talking to fast and they can't understand you. :err:

It is NOT to set an appointment for later.

Setting appointments a killer in this business dealing with this type of prospect and product.

Let's take a mental journey...
  1. You get a lead from someone, they mail it in, or they make some key strokes.
  2. How old are they? They have waited this long to investigate something that is an absolute...DEATH.
  3. They have procrastinated this long to take care of a major family impacting issue... you could say they have never kept the appointment with LIFE.
  4. So when we go to see them, to talk about something they have put off forever, they have practiced the art of delay for years, they don't even know us, why wouldn't they blow us off? Plus, they can always just send in another card or add some key strokes.
  5. Oh, and I forgot to mention, you are going to take their money away from them. Do you think that setting an appointment to do that sounds like a good idea... to them?
Until you see life through your prospects mind, you will miss the mark most of the time.

If you are looking for some possible solutions, I would request that you explain how you approach at the door.

Back