What am I doing wrong to be constantly no-showed?

Got a call early this morning wanting me to be at her house at 1. Said she would be there waiting. I drove an hour and waited almost an hour for her. Called her and she said she forgot and was having her nails and toes done. Now wants me to stop by next week.

Got a call early this morning wanting me to be at her house at 1. Said she would be there waiting. I drove an hour and waited almost an hour for her. Called her and she said she forgot and was having her nails and toes done. Now wants me to stop by next week.
Next week is completely booked. Yes, it is. Because if it’s not, she’ll porch you again!

BTW, did you call her just before you drove over to her place? I know she talked to you just that morning, so she’s a major flake! But the same thing has happened to me more than once. So I’ve learned that if I’m driving any distance, particularly if it’s the only appointment I’ve got in that area, I call just as I’m heading in their direction to say I’m cutting it close, might even be a couple minutes late depending on traffic, but I’m on my way. If they forgot, that helps them remember the appointment, or if need be reschedule it before you get very far down the road. Sure, I get the “Oh, I meant to call you....” response often enough. But I’d rather get put off on the phone than have them just no-show on a 2 hour round trip!

I set three at the door yesterday. Today two of the three were ready and expecting me and both were sales. The third was home but wouldn't open the door and was babbling incoherently. Neighbor said she was an alcoholic and that I need to get to her by noon. I looked at my phone and it was only 10 AM. I trashed that lead.

I agree that the goal is to get in the door right then and there. But it is possible to set solid appointments at the door. One of my biggest sales this month came from a door knock on a Monday who set an appointment for the upcoming Saturday.

I set three at the door yesterday. Today two of the three were ready and expecting me and both were sales. The third was home but wouldn't open the door and was babbling incoherently. Neighbor said she was an alcoholic and that I need to get to her by noon. I looked at my phone and it was only 10 AM. I trashed that lead.

I agree that the goal is to get in the door right then and there. But it is possible to set solid appointments at the door. One of my biggest sales this month came from a door knock on a Monday who set an appointment for the upcoming Saturday.

Yeah but you hard close them on the appointment at the door right? “Look Mrs Mary if you’re really not interested in this tell me now? Don’t waste my time!”

What is it that you say?

I agree you must take control and make them away you got 50 other people to see and don't waste my time . A ton of people need my services. When you sound important they seem to want to deal with you. There so used to jerking people around .

Look Mrs Mary if you’re really not interested in this tell me now? Don’t waste my time!

I do indeed. I say "look, I have over 100 people to see this week. Don't make me come back for you if you're just going to pretend not to be home when I come back knockin' on your door. I really don't care if you're not interested. But if you're not, tell me now, and I'll crumple up your request right now and give it to you so you can throw it in the trash for me."

I say it like that all the time unless I really do sense they are interested and that they really were just about to go out, have dinner, or whatever. But I make it very clear that they are doing me no favors by telling me to come back tomorrow if they plan on no showing me. I say it with a smile, but sternly ... I think they realize that if they tell me to come back and they don't answer the door that I'll be bringing Carl the next time:

"They don't want to let me in, I got to get through that door." - Carl, FE Warlord

"Now, if you're a door knocking professional like I am, you use the master key"

Last edited:
Back