What Do You Look for in a Lead?

Just because they are internet leads, does not necessarily mean they are shared leads.

Can you guarantee that they didn't go and sign up on another site? Can you guarantee the affiliate didn't sell it to more than one vendor as "exclusive"? Even with the best of intentions, it will be a shared lead.

The only thing I ask for in a lead is it's someone that want to talk to an agent about life insurance.

I don't need them to bee sitting at the kitchen table with their checkbook out and their medicines lined up, but, just a real person that wants info about life insurance.

I don't care if they are a tire kicker as long as the tire they are kicking says life insurance on it.

Then, if it's a lead I buy, I don't want you selling it anyone else. NAA tells you it's not your lead, it's their lead and you are basically renting it. Well, hogwash!! If I pay for the damn thing, it should be mine.

Can you guarantee that they didn't go and sign up on another site? Can you guarantee the affiliate didn't sell it to more than one vendor as "exclusive"? Even with the best of intentions, it will be a shared lead.

Well I suppose you can not guarantee they didn't visit any sites, however you can guarantee that no affiliates sold it, and the lead that came through your site was only sold on an exclusive basis, to one agent.

Well I suppose you can not guarantee they didn't visit any sites, however you can guarantee that no affiliates sold it, and the lead that came through your site was only sold on an exclusive basis, to one agent.

Exactly. It is something no internet lead vendor can reasonably do. But if I generate my own lead, or a telemarketer does it for me, we can be reasonably certain that no one else has called on them recently.

Affiliates don't sell leads, they send traffic.

You never know who converts, just how many conversions there are...

Exactly. It is something no internet lead vendor can reasonably do. But if I generate my own lead, or a telemarketer does it for me, we can be reasonably certain that no one else has called on them recently.

Well with that logic you can not be certain anyone hasn't called other agents, or sought out insurance before you contacted them. I know the leads I generate are almost always exclusive, maybe with the small exception that some will visit other sites before/after they see mine. However, even with that, Ill take those leads any day over a phone list.

Well with that logic you can not be certain anyone hasn't called other agents, or sought out insurance before you contacted them. I know the leads I generate are almost always exclusive, maybe with the small exception that some will visit other sites before/after they see mine. However, even with that, Ill take those leads any day over a phone list.

It has to do with who is the one generating the lead. Someone who visits a website is expressing interest. They are likely to visit other sites. If I call them or a telemarketer calls them, they aren't out looking. I generated the interest to turn them into a lead.

And please, don't bother trying to show me why I am wrong using logic. This isn't about logic, this is about what I personally want. If you want internet leads, knock yourself out. I wish you the best with them. When it comes to leads that I purchase, it is my money and I can ask for whatever I want if someone is willing to provide it.

Not every agent is the same, and that is a good thing. Otherwise we'd just keep hitting up the exact same prospects.

Latest posts

Back