What Do You Think About This Approach?

Hey,im with primerica,does it have a facility or office in your state.we offer more than life insurance,we have investments,securities,fixed and indexed annuities,pre paid legal,wills ,home and auto .no cold callings but only a referral system that works.the key to making real money is the licences.

Hey,im with primerica,does it have a facility or office in your state.we offer more than life insurance,we have investments,securities,fixed and indexed annuities,pre paid legal,wills ,home and auto .no cold callings but only a referral system that works.the key to making real money is the licences.

Get out of here....really....you have all that.....were do I sign up.....

No... no. I won't do it. It would be easy AND fun, but no... no.

Because it is a captive "members only" company and if I were wanted to sell other people I would have to get them to join which is a little bit of a hassle.

Are you with Knights of Columbus? That sounds very similar to what they do since they can only prospect to other people in the organization.

I think that you're shooting yourself in the foot staying there if this is all that you have. Just like Vol said, more than likely that list is of people already worked once or twice before and if everyone has to be in the organization then they know to expect the call, will probably robotically decline since they have heard it and know to expect it, and then you are done. You probably will do best with people who are new to the organization and also those with a life changing event.

Independent is the way to go, or at least go captive with people who let you prospect more than some members of an organization. Say, NYL?

If you want to work for an independent, which you have mentioned, then I say call up some agencies in the area. Find some online through google or DOI search or referrals- perhaps offer to sit in and work a P&C-only agency? What state are you in? That might help a little bit.

Last edited:
Are you contractually restricted from appointing with other carriers and selling that product to people you meet on your own...I just can't see how you can earn a living selling Life Insurance to a restricted list of 1000 people some already owning the products and others that don't and everyone has already been contacted.

Also about the $350 a month being a lot for health insurance. You are licensed to sell that product are you not? Why not learn about health insurance (its not a great time to dive into that market but what the hey).

Thanks for the advice but I would work at Walmart as a cart pusher before I would work for Primerica :no:. Maybe you should be looking for another place to work as well if not you will be before the end of the year. :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are you with Knights of Columbus? That sounds very similar to what they do since they can only prospect to other people in the organization.

I think that you're shooting yourself in the foot staying there if this is all that you have. Just like Vol said, more than likely that list is of people already worked once or twice before and if everyone has to be in the organization then they know to expect the call, will probably robotically decline since they have heard it and know to expect it, and then you are done. You probably will do best with people who are new to the organization and also those with a life changing event.

Independent is the way to go, or at least go captive with people who let you prospect more than some members of an organization. Say, NYL?

If you want to work for an independent, which you have mentioned, then I say call up some agencies in the area. Find some online through google or DOI search or referrals- perhaps offer to sit in and work a P&C-only agency? What state are you in? That might help a little bit.

I would like to stay just with Life and health but I feel P&C might help open up some more doors.

Last edited:

UPDATE: Since this posting, trini's car was repossessed and trini had to file for bankruptcy.

You are right MANY of them already bought and the ones who haven't really are dead leads. The list does keep getting handed down and I feel the people I am calling already know my pitch before they even pick up. Most of them tell me they are tapped and don't want to pay what they are currently paying and I can't do anything for them. Aside from a possible term conversion or small increases my opportunity is limited.

I love the industry and am confused where to go from here or just to stay and try to drink the kool aid. I was looking as Mass but I don't like the joint field work while giving up 35% to the sales manager who goes on the appt with me. My other concern is that because I was brought in on prospecting from a list I have no training on how to find quality prospects or where to start. I don't like being limited to only one company because I feel that I should be able to shop for the best product for my client to reduce being replaced.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Sounds to me like you have to find a better opportunity.

I would like to stay just with Life and health but I feel P&C might help open up some more doors.

I meant to say partner with a P&C agency and do the life and health for a split. More people to work, possibly an office space, things like that. P&C is a totally different ballgame and if you are thinking about going indy now for L&H then P&C is really going to throw you for a loop.

Again, what state are you in? Someone might be able to give some more specific information based on that. I'm still set on you being part of the Knights of Columbus, or maybe Woodmen?

Back