What would be a job title for someone who calls out to leads and transfers them to an agent?

If someone (who is also a licensed insurance agent) receives a list of leads from a vendor and they pre-qualify the leads and then transfers them live to another agent to close the sale, what is this person doing? What would their job title be?

For some reason I’m stumped on this right now. When I worked at Assurance they’d call them “guides” but I’m thinking of something less volume-driven and more relationship/rapport building.

And yes, I know you’re probably thinking “why would someone do that instead of close the sale themselves if they’re already licensed?” but please just answer my question if you can.

Anyone can call and qualify "leads" and forward transfers. They don't have to be "licensed" so long as they don't discuss benefits or rates.

The "qualifier" can also ask all the pertinent questions - like: name, address, h&w, dob, aliments, meds, bank account #'s, etc.

If someone (who is also a licensed insurance agent) receives a list of leads from a vendor and they pre-qualify the leads and then transfers them live to another agent to close the sale, what is this person doing? What would their job title be?

What is the meaning of "leads" underlying your question?

Since you posted in the Senior Sub-Forum, I'm wondering if "leads" for your question means a list of names and phone numbers, with no consideration given to DNC listing, which you might be planning to call about Medicare Advantage Plans? Is that the case?

Last edited:
What is the meaning of "leads" underlying your question?

Since you posted in the Senior Sub-Forum, I'm wondering if "leads" for your question means a list of names and phone numbers, with no consideration given to DNC listing, which you might be planning to call about Medicare Advantage Plans? Is that the case?

Literally no one is cold-calling on MAPD, there is no reason to.

Literally no one is cold-calling on MAPD, there is no reason to.

Well ....... I get 3 to 6 "cold calls" a day for for the new, just released Medicare plans in my area that include benefits for things like Dental, Vision and Hearing (ie Medicare Advantage).

Sometimes I get a voice, sometimes I get a hangup. (If it was not open enrollment, I would concede that some of the hangups might be for Solar, Auto Accident claims, or FE, but since it is Open Enrollment and over 99% of the calls l answer and get a voice for are MA related, I think the same will apply to the hangups right now.)

The calls come from numbers registered to: Unavailable, Local people like me, Local businesses, and even once or twice from a KS state agency. My phone number has been listed on DNC for years.

The "screener" says they are with one company, the "senior supervisor" :D:D they transfer me to is with a different company.

I call that "cold calling".

Op may, or may not, be talking about a business model like that. If he or she is, my polite term for the person is "annoyance" and it goes downhill from there.

Anyone can call and qualify "leads" and forward transfers. They don't have to be "licensed" so long as they don't discuss benefits or rates.

The "qualifier" can also ask all the pertinent questions - like: name, address, h&w, dob, aliments, meds, bank account #'s, etc.

Are you absolutely sure they can ask health questions? I don't think they can, legally.

Back