What would be a job title for someone who calls out to leads and transfers them to an agent?

So is the screener/fronter considered to be soliciting insurance? Because you certainly need a license for that.

I don't know but I'm sure there are some loopholes/workarounds for all of this stuff.

I sure would think they are soliciting insurance! I'm sure they don't get transferred to an insurance agent because they want to talk with a car salesperson. ;)

I sure would think they are soliciting insurance! I'm sure they don't get transferred to an insurance agent because they want to talk with a car salesperson. ;)
I guess that's my point. If the fronter or screener or telemarketer or whatever we're calling them is considered to be soliciting insurance, they need to be licensed for that alone, regardless of the questions asked.

Not illegal to pre-screen and qualify so long as it isn't Part C or Part D - unless the lead "requested" info . . .

Are you absolutely sure they can ask health questions? I don't think they can, legally.

So is the screener/fronter considered to be soliciting insurance? Because you certainly need a license for that.

I don't know but I'm sure there are some loopholes/workarounds for all of this stuff.

I guess that's my point. If the fronter or screener or telemarketer or whatever we're calling them is considered to be soliciting insurance, they need to be licensed for that alone, regardless of the questions asked.

The following is just a non-agent opinion.

There is at least one "system" there to convert "illegal" calls into "legal" calls.

The start of that "system" is callers from outside the US don't have to follow US DNC rules or US CMS MA call rules.

The caller, ignoring the DNC rules checks to see if the "victim" has Medicare Parts A and B.

If the "victim" answers "YES", the caller has the word YES on file and then makes a transfer call to a supervisor or senior supervisor (agent?).

The agent can now engage in a bit of sophistry, saying the victim called the agent and there was no CMS rule violation.

--------------------------------------------------

Because I can't tell robotic 1st stage calls from real person first stage calls,

and

On the theory that the agent gets charged something for a call transfer and the agent knows full well they are a piece of a system to circumvent the rules and that system being a significant factor in the creation of oversight rules forum agents have been complaining about:

I often answer yes to the Medicare A and B question just to get the agent dinged for a charge and then tell them to take me off the call list (which will never happen). :laugh:

Phone calls I get, I get transferred to a supervisor because I have Medicare Parts A and B. No "you don't wanna buy insurance do you?" call questions.

(Too long to remember exactly, but call went something like this:)

One day for fun (I didn't lie),

Caller: Do you have Medicare A and B?
LD: I have Part A.
Caller: Do you have A and B?
Caller: You don't have Part B?
Caller: Hangs up.

(Apparently PDP's aren't newly revised for 2024.)

Long time ago I gave the supervisor/agent all the information for Marcus Arelius, but the guy on the phone did not like Marcus' Medicare number.

Are you absolutely sure they can ask health questions? I don't think they can, legally.

I've always been told so long as the Qualifier isn't discussing "insurance benefits or rates", then a license isn't required so long as they aren't "closing" the sale.

I could be wrong.

If someone (who is also a licensed insurance agent) receives a list of leads from a vendor and they pre-qualify the leads and then transfers them live to another agent to close the sale, what is this person doing? What would their job title be?

For some reason I’m stumped on this right now. When I worked at Assurance they’d call them “guides” but I’m thinking of something less volume-driven and more relationship/rapport building.

And yes, I know you’re probably thinking “why would someone do that instead of close the sale themselves if they’re already licensed?” but please just answer my question if you can.

A "cold caller" or "solicitor" perhaps.

All joking aside, I would say "inside sales", "telemarketer", or "presales" would be the terms I think would be correct based on my 22 years in sales.

Telemarketer sounds right. I don't know that it really matters. If the guy/gal is great at her job...I'll call them whatever they want! LOL.

Back