What Would Your Ideal Lead Provider Look Like?

I know of no way to guarantee that a piece is returned with a phone number on it. How is that the responsibility of a Direct Mail Lead provider, and what kind of credit would you expect?

EDIT:
Would a system, that found the individual, that you could access online, that did a phone lookup for you on the fly, be a reasonable compromise?

I would expect to not pay for any lead that did not have a valid contact number. You can't know in advance but once it's reported to you there should be a lead credit.

I know of no way to guarantee that a piece is returned with a phone number on it. How is that the responsibility of a Direct Mail Lead provider, and what kind of credit would you expect?

EDIT:
Would a system, that found the individual, that you could access online, that did a phone lookup for you on the fly, be a reasonable compromise?

Like I said earlier, tough crowd to please.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would expect to not pay for any lead that did not have a valid contact number. You can't know in advance but once it's reported to you there should be a lead credit.

You're talking about on a per lead basis, right? As opposed to just paying a flat rate per thousand on the mailers?

Last edited:

You're talking about on a per lead basis, right? As opposed to just paying a flat rate per thousand on the mailers?

Yes. Is that not what we are talking about? I thought he was asking what we want from a lead, not from a mailer.

Ah, Now we are on the same page. I was talking mailers per thousand. I can now see why the confusion, and some of mine is cleared up now. Of course, If I were supplying the leads themselves, and that is what you were paying for, I can totally agree on the refund per bad lead. I will make sure I use the correct terminology next time.

Ah, Now we are on the same page. I was talking mailers per thousand. I can now see why the confusion, and some of mine is cleared up now. Of course, If I were supplying the leads themselves, and that is what you were paying for, I can totally agree on the refund per bad lead. I will make sure I use the correct terminology next time.

OK then, disregard my previous comments. It would strictly be based on price per thousand.

I don't do my own mailers anymore since I contract with EFES for that. But when I did I used MSPM. If I were to do my own again I would would at anyone that could do the same thing as MSPM for less money than they charge.

What Would Your Ideal Lead Provider Look Like?

I would prefer a Redhead but, This would be a good start.

hot-girl-money-cash.jpg

I would want some predictability. a Mailer who works with you when there is a dud of a mailing - less than 1%. that is a killer. I would want someone who knows what gets a better return in my area of the country. and knows that there is a difference between Suburban leads and rural leads. and not just for the free stuff but something about funeral coverage as well...

and Yes Email will save days. I've sold many policies before I received the hard copy in the mail.
As an independent agent I am competing with these big inhouse mailers like Equita. you might want to track ROI with your customers. that is what matters and that is what we are watching - conversion

Last edited:
Back