What's the average closing ratio for new Medicare agents?

I'm drawn to the senior market for the renewals in Medicare, I don''t know any agents in it but have family on Medicare.

To get those renewals takes 2-3 years of working your ass off 5 plus days a week . Fielding 5-10 calls a week from sometimes bitching clients . Honestly I’ve put 60 plus hrs a week in this for near 2 yrs . Worked many sats and sundays . It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done .A ton of agents say they want it but few will make the incredible sacrifices to get it . I put every ounce of my energy in this driving 800-1000 miles a week . Now the big payoff comes in Jan 2023 with 6 fig renewals on my 2nd year of renewals . I’m not looking forward to aep . With my book much bigger I’ll have to spend more time on retention . My retention starts oct 1 with 10 plus hr days calling existing clients making sure there happy and going over next yrs plans . With mapd you don’t touch your clients many times during the yr and at aep your book will be shredded fast .

I'm drawn to the senior market for the renewals in Medicare, I don''t know any agents in it but have family on Medicare.

When I got started it was much easier today to get in front of people

I see a lot of newer agents doing more Duels,

OR doing seminars, or networking, things like that

You may need FMO that can help with a plan

Thanks for the realistic view of what the job is, perhaps FE is the better option for me atm.

Im not discouraging you from doing Medicare . It’s an incredible industry . But you’ll need cash flow the first yr . I’d do fe and mapd . Fe for cash flow and build mapd for longer term . Then when you can pay your exp’s with mapd renewals switch 70/30 or 80/20 mapd /fe . I just think being honest what’s ahead is what you need to know . Met a woman the other day who quit her job and went mapd all in and is crying now . She’s ready to quit . I don’t recruit and I speak the truth . Most recruiters and you tubers liars and paint a make $ 250 k quick . It’s a lie

Last edited:
When I got started it was much easier today to get in front of people

I see a lot of newer agents doing more Duels,

OR doing seminars, or networking, things like that

You may need FMO that can help with a plan

I'll be reaching out to FMOs once I get my license.

Im not discouraging you from doing Medicare . It’s an incredible industry . But you’ll need cash flow the first yr . I’d do fe and mapd . Fe for cash flow and build mapd for longer term . Then when you can pay your exp’s with mapd renewals switch 70/30 or 80/20 mapd /fe . I just think being honest what’s ahead is what you need to know . Met a woman the other day who quit her job and went mapd all in and is crying now . She’s ready to quit . I don’t recruit and I speak the truth . Most recruiters and you tubers liars and paint a make $ 250 k quick . It’s a lie

Since renewals are a long term game I figured I'd get the ball rolling now, but I also want to get into work for myself because I hate waking up every day and going to work for someone else. If I had to chose one of those, I'd rather become fully self employed before having renewals, so it seems FE would be better to start with. I appreciate the honesty.

Since renewals are a long term game I figured I'd get the ball rolling now, but I also want to get into work for myself because I hate waking up every day and going to work for someone else. If I had to chose one of those, I'd rather become fully self employed before having renewals, so it seems FE would be better to start with. I appreciate the honesty.

Get your mind focused , your attitude positive and keep the thought of your hate for working for someone in your brain every second . Put the hrs of dedication in and it’s impossible to fail . Also remember the word no is good . It’s means your closer to a yes

You can start with FE as far as marketing goes, but you should also set yourself up with the Medicare side as well (MAPD & Med Supps). At least you'll have those in your bag. There is nothing wrong with marketing to both markets at the same time.

MAPD (Medicare Advantage) is mostly a 3 month job unless you are targeting DSNP (a subset of the MA market).

Also, the MA side can be quite challenging if you do it the right way (according to Medicare marketing rules).

Medicare supplement requires you to understand how Medicare works (in general) but does not impose the same restrictions and limitations of the Medigap market. Plus Medigap can be sold year round.

Back